BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’m afraid I don’t understand why the AGM is held in the Training Centre (a place not readily accessible to anyone travelling), and has the manager as guest speaker.

Comes across as far too pally for my liking.

Can anyone attend the AGM ?

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, rigger said:

They’re usually open to all, although I don’t know if this has changed.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

I’m afraid I don’t understand why the AGM is held in the Training Centre (a place not readily accessible to anyone travelling), and has the manager as guest speaker.

We chose the venue as we believed it would be attractive.  It was a Board decision to ask for the Manager to speak. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rigger said:

Yes.  But only members can vote.  AGM paperwork is sent to all members; we are expecting a good turn out so we may decide to use an on-line ticketing platform; there is no charge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

It’s a 7 minute drive or a 13 minute bus journey from Billington Brass Band Club, which was the venue for 2 out of the last 3.

I’m sure you’ll recall that neither of those were very well attended, neither was the one at Ewood last year. All three had politicians as the guest speaker, although one sent a statement rather than attend.

Hopefully a change of venue to a place that is an integral part of the club and an important part of Jack’s legacy, but not normally accessible to supporters, will pique some interest. Same applies with the manager, and personally I see the fact he is keen to come along and find out about what we are doing as a positive.

• Like 7

Looking forward to the Trust's AGM. Would be great to clarification on whether this is "Q&A" or listen to Waggott and Eustace, then move on to Trust business without them? 

• Like 3

On 05/04/2024 at 20:50, bazza said:

Did anyone ask if the shirt sponsors will be required to return us to our traditional quarters instead of these halves?

My understanding is that next year’s kits will be influenced by the 1995 shirt…therefore I expect reversed halves to return…I am now a massive hostage to fortune…😆

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

My understanding is that next year’s kits will be influenced by the 1995 shirt…therefore I expect reversed halves to return…I am now a massive hostage to fortune…😆

We never shoot the messenger.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Rule number one at this club: Expect nothing and prepare yourself for disappointment.

On 04/04/2024 at 09:50, Mike Graham said:

Newsletter containing the meeting notes between Rovers and ‘WeAre The Rovers’:

https://www.roverstrust.com/news/newsletter-april-2024

Anything mention about Shirt sponsor or possible more sponsors around Ewood Park? Has more sponsorships been mentioned during these meetings with Waggott/Rovers? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anything mention about Shirt sponsor or possible more sponsors around Ewood Park? Has more sponsorships been mentioned during these meetings with Waggott/Rovers? 

Regarding the shirts there is a contractually obligated period in which the company can look to extend/renegotiate. I think we are in that period now for next season. I don’t think anything has been finalised either way as of yet, and even if it was that would be information too commercially sensitive to share with negotiations ongoing.

We’ve spoken more broadly about sponsorships when discussing commercial revenue. The accounts will give a clearer picture, but generally those revenues are going up year on year, though I’m sure everyone would like to see them go up more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Regarding the shirts there is a contractually obligated period in which the company can look to extend/renegotiate. I think we are in that period now for next season. I don’t think anything has been finalised either way as of yet, and even if it was that would be information too commercially sensitive to share with negotiations ongoing.

We’ve spoken more broadly about sponsorships when discussing commercial revenue. The accounts will give a clearer picture, but generally those revenues are going up year on year, though I’m sure everyone would like to see them go up more.

Thanks for reply Duncan. 

When I look around Ewood Park, the lack of different sponsors is very noticeable nowadays. Its mainly 3 sponsors which is Venkys, totally Wicked and SpreadExBet.