BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goal of the season

The Duffy header for Cardiff v Rovers was brilliant and brought to mind Martin Chivers, Tony Hateley or Peter Withe at their prime but it was still just a header which even CBs are supposed to know how to do.

I'm going for Duffy's first for Cardiff in the same match. Here he showed the speed of thought and the sublime goal scoring instinct of a young Jimmy Greaves. The way he swifty adjusted body and foot position and the control as he simply passed the ball into the goal low and away from the keeper. There was no rushed hack at the ball common in CBs in such a situation.

Both goals are good and deserve their Youtube homage in the movie "The Great Shane Duffy" now on a smartphone near you.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The Duffy header for Cardiff v Rovers was brilliant and brought to mind Martin Chivers, Tony Hateley or Peter Withe at their prime but it was still just a header which even CBs are supposed to know how to do.

I'm going for Duffy's first for Cardiff in the same match. Here he showed the speed of thought and the sublime goal scoring instinct of a young Jimmy Greaves. The way he swifty adjusted body and foot position and the control as he simply passed the ball into the goal low and away from the keeper. There was no rushed hack at the ball common in CBs in such a situation.

Both goals are good and deserve their Youtube homage in the movie "The Great Shane Duffy" now on a smartphone near you.

Already out there :)

This is the full selection for those interested. Crazy how a team as poor as ours has scored so many good goals!

The team goal vs Derby for me. Forgot about that Gallagher volley against Wolves as well, great finish.

Archived