BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What this club means....

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

It's called having an opinion Stuart.  You have your opinions, I have mine, Biz has his and chaddy has his.  You seem to detest anyone actually thinking for themselves and having the audacity to think differently from you.  Get used to it.  It isn't going to change.  If you don't like what other people think then put them on ignore.

"Detest"? How melodramatic.

"If you don't like what people think then put them on ignore." No. I'll respond with my alternate view point. I'll question. When they pooh-pooh ideas and actions then I'll ask them for their alternatives. When they don't offer any I'll ask them why they still think they have the right to pooh-pooh. If they continue with the same line again and again then I'll continue to respond. Otherwise it simply becomes accepted and I don't believe we should accept the "do nothing" position - however futile it may seem. Because if we do then we don't deserve a football club in this town.

I'll ask again, and ask you to respond instead of taking your ball home:

Why do you not believe that we fans should show a united front (in whatever form) against Venkys, even now in our current position, even if it *might* not work? Why should we not stand together?

Because this is the opinion that I'm against and the one being promoted by you and the other two who don't like being named. We cannot just sit back and say "ah well, everyone has an opinion". Not if we really care about this "club" that we are ALL part of.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

It's called having an opinion Stuart.  You have your opinions, I have mine, Biz has his and chaddy has his.  You seem to detest anyone actually thinking for themselves and having the audacity to think differently from you.  Get used to it.  It isn't going to change.  If you don't like what other people think then put them on ignore.

Stuart doesnt like when you dont agree with him. 

Everyone has different opinions on football and the protesting/boycott. Time to accept this and stop trying to get everybody to agree with you

Lads drop it! Chaddy think before you post, others place him on ignore or use PMs.

As for comments of protests not affecting venkys, we need to be more smarter at getting to the core of venkys the businesses themselves and look to sabotage those.

Affect there businesses and partners and shareholders you'll soon see it taking an affect once the share price drops, people sell holdings etc.

What a nasty little comment, chaddy! Stuart doesn't like it when you don't agree with him? At least he doesn't change his mind every 5 minutes. Nobody likes it when you disagree with them about something you love, especially when it's being abused by people who don't care and others don't seem to see it, or stick their heads in the sand and refuse to look beyond the end of their noses. I accept that protesting or whatever is possibly not going to make them go but I want to be able to say, I tried to make a difference. Attending as usual does not say that, unless it includes protests in the ground.

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

What a nasty little comment, chaddy! Stuart doesn't like it when you don't agree with him? At least he doesn't change his mind every 5 minutes. Nobody likes it when you disagree with them about something you love, especially when it's being abused by people who don't care and others don't seem to see it, or stick their heads in the sand and refuse to look beyond the end of their noses. I accept that protesting or whatever is possibly not going to make them go but I want to be able to say, I tried to make a difference. Attending as usual does not say that, unless it includes protests in the ground.

Nasty little comment? Really? 

Please explain how it is nasty? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Vindictive. Untrue. Yes, I'd say it qualifies.

I welcome challenge to my views. Sadly, you don't offer any, you just bleat. You've been bragging that you've already bought your new season ticket when almost everyone around you is soul-searching, worried and hurting.

You either know exactly what you are doing or you don't know that you are doing it. I'm not sure which is worse.

I would be interested to know if you would use Parson's rationale if Rovers (as we know it) was ever liquidated and we had a new town team, that "it wouldn't be the same club". Is Middlesbrough 1986 the same club? Does it have a history, a following, a community?

For all of the bluff and bluster, would you continue to support an FC Rovers of Blackburn if we have to start over? What this club means to me is more than just fixtures and fittings, or the division we are in. It's that it represents me as a Blackburn lad. It used to be a source of pride - moreso in the early 2000s than even the heights of the 90s - when we were punching above our weight and respected as equals. Right now, Venkys have made a laughing stock out of the club. A thing to be ridiculed, or even pitied. By extension they have done the same to me.

And to all of us. 

It was a dig and you know it. You ask for respect but give none. You dont seem to accept that those who boycott do so not to adopt the moral high ground but because they cant think of anything else to do. Put forward a good suggestion of how we can all protest together and ill join you gladly. But you put forward nothing except carrying on attending matches and sitting quietly in your seat. Well, I, for one, wont do it. My non attendance may bring on the slightly earlier demise of the club than if i put my ST money in for this year and next, but as we're going to hell in a handcart it may as well be sooner rather than later. 

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Vindictive. Untrue. Yes, I'd say it qualifies.

I welcome challenge to my views. Sadly, you don't offer any, you just bleat. You've been bragging that you've already bought your new season ticket when almost everyone around you is soul-searching, worried and hurting.

You either know exactly what you are doing or you don't know that you are doing it. I'm not sure which is worse.

I would be interested to know if you would use Parson's rationale if Rovers (as we know it) was ever liquidated and we had a new town team, that "it wouldn't be the same club". Is Middlesbrough 1986 the same club? Does it have a history, a following, a community?

For all of the bluff and bluster, would you continue to support an FC Rovers of Blackburn if we have to start over? 

Yes I have bought my season ticket already. I am happy enough to do so. I want to support my team next year and many seasons after. I didnt need to do any soul searching, worried or hunting. When I told my missus about the season tickets prices so turned to me and said when are you renewing. She knows about passion for the club plus my memories I have. But I am worried about the good staff at Ewood Park losing their jobs possibly if we go down. Other people have renewed on here but you arent havent a go at those. Funny that. 

If you dont want renew then dont but dont start having a go people who have or will renew their ST for next year. 

Are Rovers being liquidated or something? No. So we are now talking about possible things that might happen in the future. I am more bothered about supporting the club we have then talk about a possible newco club..

We havent gone down yet either

4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It was a dig and you know it. You ask for respect but give none. You dont seem to accept that those who boycott do so not to adopt the moral high ground but because they cant think of anything else to do. Put forward a good suggestion of how we can all protest together and ill join you gladly. But you put forward nothing except carrying on attending matches and sitting quietly in your seat. Well, I, for one, wont do it. My non attendance may bring on the slightly earlier demise of the club than if i put my ST money in for this year and next, but as we're going to hell in a handcart it may as well be sooner rather than later. 

I have said before that protesting wont have an effect on Venkys or force them out. Kamy, Glen M and Glenn have all said the same. Ive said it for a few months. There is no smoking gun, FA/FL/Government not interested in it really, media report it but arent interest in doing much on it. 

If people want to boycott then its their choice and tough choice. But I want follow my club home and away(doing more games then ever) its my choice to do so..

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart doesnt like when you dont agree with him. 

Everyone has different opinions on football and the protesting/boycott. Time to accept this and stop trying to get everybody to agree with you

Stop putting what Parson says in your own words and passing it off as your opinion, so bloody grating.

Yes I have bought my season ticket already. I am happy enough to do so. I want to support my team next year and many seasons after. I didnt need to do any soul searching, worried or hunting. When I told my missus about the season tickets prices so turned to me and said when are you renewing. She knows about passion for the club plus my memories I have. But I am worried about the good staff at Ewood Park losing their jobs possibly if we go down. Other people have renewed on here but you arent havent a go at those. Funny that. 

If you dont want renew then dont but dont start having a go people who have or will renew their ST for next year. 

Are Rovers being liquidated or something? No. So we are now talking about possible things that might happen in the future. I am more bothered about supporting the club we have then talk about a possible newco club..

I have said before that protesting wont have an effect on Venkys or force them out. Kamy, Glen M and Glenn have all said the same. Ive said it for a few months. There is no smoking gun, FA/FL/Government not interested in it really, media report it but arent interest in doing much on it. 

If people want to boycott then its their choice and tough choice. But I want follow my club home and away(doing more games then ever) its my choice to do so..

Nobody is saying you cant please yourself, go where you want or anything else but stop telling us that youre passionate about the club. So are we. Stuart, myself and thousands of others. We care too. We care so much it hurts. It hurts not to be going to Ewood. It hurts not getting excited about going to the match. It hurts not sharing the Ewood experience with my grandchildren. It hurts realising theres a match and i hadnt even checked the fixtures so unless id spotted the thread on here i wouldnt have known. Your going to more matches next year doesnt make you a better fan than me. It just makes you different

You've still not answered the question. But I can't say I expected you to. Because you don't have an opinion that hasn't been handed to you by someone else.

Do you really think that the season ticket sales are keeping people in jobs? Is that why you've renewed, because you think you are keeping those good people in work?

When Venkys stopped putting money in and we  started taking loans those jobs were already on notice. We have been utterly shafted as fans but those good people have been shafted the most.

Your season ticket money went to pay a very small part of a very big interest payment. That job is no less under threat.

Interesting change of tack that you go from your jingoistic first sentence into a blatant guilt trip. I would say you were obtuse but I honestly don't think you understand. Only a fool could look at our current financial position and be anything but hugely pessimistic. Part of me pities you, part of me wishes I was just as naive.

42 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Nobody is saying you cant please yourself, go where you want or anything else but stop telling us that youre passionate about the club. So are we. Stuart, myself and thousands of others. We care too. We care so much it hurts. It hurts not to be going to Ewood. It hurts not getting excited about going to the match. It hurts not sharing the Ewood experience with my grandchildren. It hurts realising theres a match and i hadnt even checked the fixtures so unless id spotted the thread on here i wouldnt have known. Your going to more matches next year doesnt make you a better fan than me. It just makes you different

but I never said you weren't passionate tho? I am talking about me and me only. That's the problem you keep thinking I'm having go but I'm talking about me.

I would imagine its hurts not going to games and everything involved with the club. must be very hard to do.

I've not said about being a better fan than you ever? I have simply stated that I will be doing more away games as I wanted to do more and I miss going to more. Yet again I'm talking about me and nobody else. This is my account and that's why I talking about myself and not about you!

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You've still not answered the question. But I can't say I expected you to. Because you don't have an opinion that hasn't been handed to you by someone else.

Do you really think that the season ticket sales are keeping people in jobs? Is that why you've renewed, because you think you are keeping those good people in work?

When Venkys stopped putting money in and we  started taking loans those jobs were already on notice. We have been utterly shafted as fans but those good people have been shafted the most.

Your season ticket money went to pay a very small part of a very big interest payment. That job is no less under threat.

Interesting change of tack that you go from your jingoistic first sentence into a blatant guilt trip. I would say you were obtuse but I honestly don't think you understand. Only a fool could look at our current financial position and be anything but hugely pessimistic. Part of me pities you, part of me wishes I was just as naive.

I didn't answer the question as I don't have opinion on it or thought about it much

I renewed my season tickets cos I wanted too. I wanted to watched my team. its my choice which you don't want me to make cos I don't agree with your opinion.

If we are relegation then I have worried about people jobs at the club who don't deserved it after all its aint their fault. we all know who at fault Those in Pune

You can called me obtuse or slow to understand if you want. If that's want to do then do it. if that's make you feel better and you are better than me do it.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have said before that protesting wont have an effect on Venkys or force them out. Kamy, Glen M and Glenn have all said the same. Ive said it for a few months. 

Round and round.

you haven't got a clue what effect protests, falling gates/income, fans continued criticisms etc, etc are having Chaddy. It could very well be that they are having thoughts about packing it all in at this very moment. When I ask you why you won't even consider the smallest, easiest way of adding something to that, you hide away. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You come across as an idiot sometimes. I honestly think you are just naive and a little bit innocent in the ways of the world

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I renewed my season tickets cos I wanted too. I wanted to watched my team. its my choice which you don't want me to make cos I don't agree with your opinion.

If we are relegation then I have worried about people jobs at the club who don't deserved it after all its aint their fault. we all know who at fault Those in Pune

You can called me obtuse or slow to understand if you want. If that's want to do then do it. if that's make you feel better and you are better than me do it.

Of course you are entitled to buy a season ticket for all kinds of reasons. But in parallel surely you could help to support the protests? You make up all kind of reasons, you say they won't work but you won't even try.

You know more than most fans out there given what you have seen and read over the last 7 years, yet you act like all is well. As though anyone who doesn't ignore our perilous position and get behind the players isn't a real fan. It's like you genuinely think you are a better fan because you buy a ticket.

You say it's the fault of those in Pune but when the time comes to visibly show dissent you don't and won't - and you talk about personal choice, personal opinion.

Can't you do both? Buy your ticket and protest?

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Chaddy is a matchday fan. Not a real fan in my opinion. He will happilly attend the games then switch off from what goes on off the pitch. When the club shuts down he will probably sit where ewood once stood and say 'why didnt i do something? What do i do now?'

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

I think you're taking it a bit too far now.

Chaddy's fandom cannot be questioned. I envy his Rovers passion as I once had it.

I certainly don't question that he is fanatical about Rovers. Hell, most of us who post on here are.

I just wish we could all fight for our club. Together. Instead of going out with a whimper. Divided.

Just now, Steve1 said:

That won't happen though..as much as everyone wants it to..it just won't..people take kids ECT and people who are disabled go and enjoy themselves..its not just about what the people want on this forum..and it is a God dam shame..

Why does taking kids preclude involvement in protests? It's their club too.

Just now, Steve1 said:

It doesn't...my daughter aged 11 has done protests...but other younger children don't understand and still want to watch the game 

Nothing stopping youngsters joining pre-match stuff. My youngest has done several times. He asks why we are doing it and I explain it to him.

If anything children being involved is much more newsworthy.

Good on you bringing your daughter into the fold. Standing up for something will stand her in good stead later in life.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You're boring me now chaddy. The last time you said "the protests don't effect venkys" I responded and you didn't acknowledge it so I'll say it AGAIN. People don't protest because it effects venkys because as you say it doesn't, they don't give a toss what we do. But it's not about effecting them, it's about uniting as a fan base and showing that we as fans won't sit back and let our club die. It's about highlighting to the rest of the world the mess our club is in. IT'S NOT ABOUT EFFECTING VENKYS. How can the last few years seemingly not bother you at all? Every game I go too at Ewood I question why I even bother anymore. The club is toxic and isn't the football club I grew up with and fell in love with anymore. Yes I still go like you chaddy but it worries me how you haven't asked yourself the same questions because I think every rovers fan has had them thoughts in the last few years, maybe not to the length I have but come on mate?  You talk about the potential of a newco club years down the line as if that's something you think might happen. Am I right to say you don't want that too happen? Well there's a reason to protest in itself chaddy! I'm sick of reading these excuses time and time again. When ewood has been demolished and rovers are playing in the Evo Stik league playing there home games at AFC darwen will you still be attending home and away without considering the mess your club has become? Actually, you probably would be. :lol: 

Just now, Steve1 said:

Yes course they must get involved but not all families see it that way..n that is a shame...but it's there decision at the end of the day 

Can you imagine if Winston Churchill had finished off his "we will fight them on the beaches" speech with "but it's up to you at the end of the day"? ;)

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Of course you are entitled to buy a season ticket for all kinds of reasons. But in parallel surely you could help to support the protests? You make up all kind of reasons, you say they won't work but you won't even try.

You know more than most fans out there given what you have seen and read over the last 7 years, yet you act like all is well. As though anyone who doesn't ignore our perilous position and get behind the players isn't a real fan. It's like you genuinely think you are a better fan because you buy a ticket.

You say it's the fault of those in Pune but when the time comes to visibly show dissent you don't and won't - and you talk about personal choice, personal opinion.

Can't you do both? Buy your ticket and protest?

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Stuart(plus others), all we done all day long is go around in 1 big circle and gone nowhere. 

I explained my posts, stance and views all day long and yesterday. You simply wont accept them to the point where I had enough of coming on here. Its being one side match cos no other members(non protestors) are being questioned, pull up as much as me. Ive been too open and honest in the past. Thats end now. I am not going to keep coming on here defending myself like I in a court room. 

I will be taking a break from this site for a while. 

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I certainly don't question that he is fanatical about Rovers. Hell, most of us who post on here are.

I just wish we could all fight for our club. Together. Instead of going out with a whimper. Divided.

Thats all you are bother is me doing the protests and nothing else. 

MattyBlue posted on here yesterday focus on yourself and the protest. And just let the non protestors alone. 

11 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

Its not just about what the people want on this forum.

Clearly it is at times. 

Maybe people on here should asked other non brfcs members but season ticket holders what they think? 

Archived