BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

A group of concerned supporters have set the wheels in motion to form the #VenkysOutParty.  We plan to stand for the Blackburn parliamentary seat in the upcoming General Election.  

Essentially a single issue party, our aim is to have an elected member who can lobby for change in the governance of Football, and attempt to safeguard Blackburn Rovers FC for years to come. Arguably, there is no bigger local issue than the state of our proud town's club.  Rovers is hugely important socially, economically, and culturally to the people of Blackburn.  We have been let down thus far, by every individual, group or governing body trusted to ensure our football club continues to thrive. We need to, and we will, fight back.

In a time when global disillusionment with the political establishment is at an all time high, this is the greatest opportunity ever to use a protest vote that could actually make a material difference. 

The running of the country will be contested by the major parties, to whom our town and its football club are insignificant.  We now have a unique chance to assert some real influence and pressure, by electing not a career politician, one motivated by self gratification and fulfilment of their own ambition, but a supporter who bleeds Blackburn, Blue and White.

It is early days or far.  But a group of committed fans are already working to make this work.  We need your help.  Now.

Ideas and support would be gratefully received.  We have an unofficial slate of 5 candidates who will be approached.  Ideas and nominations welcome.  

Over to you BRFCS.

Arte Et Labore.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What a brilliant idea! Don't the local media have to give equal coverage to all parties? Great opportunity to get it out there, and a chance to get some national attention.

42 minutes ago, iamarover said:

A group of concerned supporters have set the wheels in motion to form the #VenkysOutParty.  We plan to stand for the Blackburn parliamentary seat in the upcoming General Election.  

Essentially a single issue party, our aim is to have an elected member who can lobby for change in the governance of Football, and attempt to safeguard Blackburn Rovers FC for years to come. Arguably, there is no bigger local issue than the state of our proud town's club.  Rovers is hugely important socially, economically, and culturally to the people of Blackburn.  We have been let down thus far, by every individual, group or governing body trusted to ensure our football club continues to thrive. We need to, and we will, fight back.

In a time when global disillusionment with the political establishment is at an all time high, this is the greatest opportunity ever to use a protest vote that could actually make a material difference. 

The running of the country will be contested by the major parties, to whom our town and its football club are insignificant.  We now have a unique chance to assert some real influence and pressure, by electing not a career politician, one motivated by self gratification and fulfilment of their own ambition, but a supporter who bleeds Blackburn, Blue and White.

It is early days or far.  But a group of committed fans are already working to make this work.  We need your help.  Now.

Ideas and support would be gratefully received.  We have an unofficial slate of 5 candidates who will be approached.  Ideas and nominations welcome.  

Over to you BRFCS.

Arte Et Labore.

Cracking idea guys. If you had someone standing in the Ribble Valley, I'd vote for you!

Brilliant. A single issue party. Forget the tedium of brexit this is the only issue I care about. Couldn't be a better time to win votes in Blackburn either with labour in disarray.

Sadly I have no interest in local politics so wouldn't know how to help on that side. But happy to chuck some cash into one of those fundraising things it if it gets going. 

Full marks for the idea but is it really a good one? I'm thinking if few bother to vote it could be used against the protestors.

Also a £500 deposit required for each candidate that will go down the pan.

Its a very quirky idea right out of left-field! For that reason alone it should capture the medias imagination and create priceless publicity for the cause.

There would be at least a reasonable chance that the candidate could retain their deposit and, if the miracle occurred we would have a champion who could say whatever he/she liked without fear of legal proceedings!

I'm not expecting that however, but no way could you buy that level of publicity for such a small amount.

Congratulations to the genius who thought this up!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Full marks for the idea but is it really a good one? I'm thinking if few bother to vote it could be used against the protestors.

Also a £500 deposit required for each candidate that will go down the pan.

Everything that the protesters do gets used against them in some way by certain fans, so why not try something a little different?

• Backroom

You can't please everyone, but it's about the publicity over anything else!

Even so, this could attract votes from anywhere:

Disgruntled Labour, Tactical Tories, even those who 'don't want to vote for a politician'!

Just now, RV Blue said:

Get a fundraiser going, for the deposit and campaigning!

No need for a fund raiser. As always, any donations can be sent to the PayPal page which will be immediate and without justgiving etc taking a slice. 

brfcfightingfund@gmail.com

It's pure genius this and whoever thought it up, a massive hats off to you. If this gets the publicity it deserves, it may hit the Indian press and have a far greater impact than the failed Indian advert. The number of votes is irrelevant in my opinion, as it is the publicity that this will bring that will make it worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

No need for a fund raiser. As always, any donations can be sent to the PayPal page which will be immediate and without justgiving etc taking a slice. 

brfcfightingfund@gmail.com

Would prefer it to be more transparent than that. Would also want my money to go directly to the Venkys Out Party, rather than a random 'fighting fund'. Something that said the total of what has been donated would encourage others to donate and would also look better in the press.

46 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Would prefer it to be more transparent than that. Would also want my money to go directly to the Venkys Out Party, rather than a random 'fighting fund'. Something that said the total of what has been donated would encourage others to donate and would also look better in the press.

Just on this, I was approached sometime ago to conduct the accounting of the group.

With that in mind a bank account with Halifax was opened on behalf of the group in which evidently detail all transactions from the bank account. In addition I also prepare a register of donations already received via paypal which combined get produced into a set of monthly accounts and as such get confirmation and approval each month within the WMC meetings.

All inter-related transactions between members of the WMC has a process whereby anyone arranging things must produce a quote then an invoice to be re-imbursed from the groups funds. All transactions then made to members from the bank account refer to the Invoice Number/Reference.

I do however think there is an idea concerning the just giving page, as you quite rightly put to show the totals and drive towards a target and evidently those monies being more open for the press etc to see how much has been raised to date on a particular item.

This initive itself will clearly present a very much reportable protest against Venky's, it brings boycotters/NAPMS/Stayers together without the usual discussion over whether you should protest or not or march outside Ewood so briefly it's a protest anyone is welcome to help with but also easily be a part of without jeopardising other beliefs etc.

Archived