BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fulham 0 Rovers 2.

Alan75

Match Report by AJConroy

I live round the corner from Craven Cottage and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the neighbours being outplayed and outfought. And that was the key: we didnt just run and scrap but we put the ball on the deck and passed it.

Several things stand out:

- the team as a whole seem more together. I know it sounds daft but there always seems a player on, so often you see two players chasing down a loose forward, the midfield take it in turn to close down the opposing team etc..

- I think Reid and Emerton look a great duo. Emerton today was extraordinary. One incident comes to mind - he ran about 40yards with the ball, passed it, then seeing the play break down raced all the way back to our penalty area to break down the play. Reid was not on fire like last week but he posed so many questions for Fulham and made several big strong tackles.

- Gallagher was terrific. But we should have taken him off 10minutes sooner. He looked shattered. He should start next weekend, not Bothroyd.

- Dickov chasing down a ball in the 92minute was something to behold. I have no idea where he gets that energy but I am deeply appreciative of it.

- Friedel's save from Cole was key when we were one up.

- Tugay played very well. There was one spell, lasting no more than 5minutes, when he was lunging in but that aside this was a good performance.

- I think Ferguson is key to this side. I reminds me of Sherwood in many ways. Small simple passes, tidying up, simple linking-up play etc.. I am a big fan.

Finally, the fans were great today. I know we had a much to sing and shout about but there was so much good humour and genuine satisfaction today. Sometimes I wonder how much games mean to players but seeing their faces, their body language as they came to the Rovers players at full time persuaded me that this game meant an awful lot to them. It wasnt about money.

Fulham 0 Rovers 2

Fulham: Crossley (Van der Sar 73), Volz, Knight, Rehman, Bocanegra, Malbranque, Legwinski (McBride 66), Pembridge, Diop, Radzinski, Cole.

Subs Not Used: Hammond, Pearce, Rosenior.

Red card: Knight (76).

Yellow card: Diop, Knight.

Rovers: Friedel, Neill, Short, Todd, Johansson (Matteo 90), Reid, Ferguson, Tugay, Emerton, Dickov, Gallagher (Thompson 83).

Subs Not Used: Flitcroft, Pedersen, Enckelman.

Yello card: Ferguson.

Goals: Gallagher 10, Dickov 77 pen.

Attendance: 19,103.

Ref: R Styles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.