BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Everton 0 Rovers 1.

Alan75

"You can see in the post match interview just how much this means to Stead. This is exactly the kind of player we need at this club." - tcj_jones

I was impressed with Thommo's comments in the same interview. Just after Stead had been questioned about his lack of goals and appearances, Thommo mentioned that all the lads in the squad were right behind Stead and the team's lack of creating chances for him when he (Stead) did play had also been a part of the problem.

Very impressed with the team's organisation, workrate and determination today; even if we aren't exactly providing a big threat to the other teams in terms of attacking play, we're keeping them out at the other end superbly.

Tactically, Hughes got it right today and Everton found it hard to create decent scoring chances against a very well organised and hard working Rovers team. Everyone played well, but Reid impressed me the most, putting in alot of good work at both ends of the pitch and getting invloved in alot of our best play. Flitcroft and Thompson both came back into the team to put in solid displays and Mokoena seemed to be in the right place at the right time on most occasions, protecting the back four well and winning alot of aerial battles. We didn't miss Savage and Emerton as much as I thought we might, so perhaps there's signs that Hughes is starting to build on a promising squad.

Very pleased for Stead, he took his chance very well despite seeming to struggle early on in the game and you could see from his celebrations that it meant so much to him. Hopefully that will give him the confidence to find some form get back amongst the goals. Let's hope Dickov's injury isn't as serious as it looked on Sky and he doesn't have to miss any games, he made a pretty promising start to the match and we'll need his experience and hardwork in the next few matches.

I have to admit I thought Everton would have had a bit more about them, considering their position in the league, but were pretty average at best. They'll need to do alot of work in the summer if they qualify for the CL, because based on what I've seen of them against us twice and in other games on Sky, they don't have alot of attacking options and will struggle against quality European opposition. Fair play to them so far, though, it gives the rest of the league some hope that there's still a chance for the 'smaller' clubs to compete, even without spending milions of ££ every summer.

Match report written by Percy & tcj_jones

Everton: Martyn, Hibbert, Weir, Yobo, Pistone (McFadden 76), Carsley, Osman, Cahill, Arteta (Ferguson 24), Kilbane, Bent.

Subs Not Used: Wright, Stubbs, Plessis.

Booked: Weir, Carsley, Cahill.

Blackburn: Friedel, Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Johansson, Mokoena, Reid, Flitcroft, Thompson, Pedersen, Dickov (Stead 14).

Subs Not Used: Enckelman, Short, Tugay, Gallagher.

Booked: Mokoena, Stead.

Goals: Stead 71.

Att: 32,406

Ref: P Dowd (Staffordshire).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.