BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Another Point Towards Safety

Alan75

United 0 Rovers 0

Well, what do you know another goalless draw? If someone had said to me that Rovers would have got 5 points from the Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United fixtures at the beginning of the year I'd have had them committed for insanity.

OK, Rovers rode their luck against United with Rooney and Keane hitting the post, but full credit must be given to the defence once again, with The Admiral Nelsen, Todd and Superman Friedel again in top form.

Jon Stead ran his socks off in the uncustomary role of sole striker and was praised accordingly by Hughes in the post match analysis, stating. "Jon has worked really hard for the team today. He put in a great performance If he performs like that until the end of the season I'll be delighted"

A word of praise should also be given to Steven Reid, who is getting better with every game, who in my opinion will retain his place at the expense of Thompson, who had a poor game, when Savage returns from injury.

It was interesting to see that none of the media gave Rovers credit for their defensive display, it was all about Sir Alex complaining about the lack of extra time, maybe it makes up for the Fergie time added at Ewood earlier in the season. May I suggest that even if there had been another 10 minutes added United still wouldn't have scored, as Rovers looked the stronger as the game progressed. And as for an excuse that United's players had been on international duty, well so had Rovers players, many of whom had travelled half way round the world.

Well the media and opposition supporters may not like us, but we don't care, we are climbing clear of the relegation dog fight.

United: Howard, Gary Neville, Ferdinand, Silvestre, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Scholes, Fortune, Giggs (Keane 6), Rooney, van Nistelrooy (Smith 63).

Subs Not Used: Phil Neville, Brown, Carroll.

Booked: Gary Neville, Keane, Smith.

Rovers: Friedel, Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo, Reid, Thompson, Mokoena (Emerton 68), Flitcroft, Pedersen (Gallagher 78), Stead.

Subs Not Used: Amoruso, Tugay, Enckelman.

Booked: Stead, Nelsen.

Att: 67,939

Ref: M Riley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.