BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final Preview

Alan75

At the time of writing this it would appear that Rovers will have around 17,500 supporters at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday, when they face Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi Final.

Whilst there have been many reasons given for the poor following, the main reason would appear to be a culmination of a number of factors, the venue, travel arrangements, principally due to poor railway time tables, the cost of tickets, but mainly the 12.15 kick off time.

Once again little consideration has been given to the supporters, as the powers that be organise events around the tv companies and the financial institutions.

Anyway enough moaning, despite all the obstacles set, a strong core of supporters will be in Cardiff to roar on the mighty Blue and Whites as they attempt to make their first FA Cup final since 1960.

Not an easy task I must admit, however with our rejuvenated defence anything is possible. The biggest problem despite our 3-0 win last week will be scoring as I suspect Hughes will continue with his policy of one striker, four across the middle and Mokoena playing in front of the back four.

The final selection could be interesting, but I suspect Hughes will start with the players who have performed so well in recent weeks, with fit again Savage having to be content with a place on the bench. The main change I can see is that Emerton will get a starting place ahead of David Thompson.

Possible line up.

Friedel

Neill Todd Nelsen Matteo

Mokoena

Emerton Reid Flitcroft Pederson

Dickov

Subs. Thompson, Savage, Johannsen, Stead and Enkelmann

I’m not going to make a prediction, but if Rovers manage to keep up their defensive strengths the outcome could all depend on penalties where Friedel will be hailed the hero of the day.

For all those 17,500 going to the game, lets get behind the team and help them towards Uncle Jack and every Rovers supporters dream of reaching the Final.

Have a safe journey.

Link to Fans Views CLICK HERE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.