BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Admiral Wants To Stay

Alan75

Former DC United Washington and New Zealand captain Ryan Nelsen is reported to want to sign a new contract with Rovers.

The media reports suggest that Nelsen will sign a new contract once Rovers obtain a full work permit, as his current contract is based on a working holiday visa scheme, which allows him only to stay for 18 months.

When he signed as a virtual unknown on a free transfer, he wasnt eligable for a full work permit due to New Zealand being ranked outside the world's top 70 footballing nations.

Mark Hughes is reported to have said.

"Ryan's proved himself at this level and we look forward to rewarding him accordingly,"

Whilst The Admiral is quoted as saying.

"This is a great club and I owe Blackburn a lot, so of course I want to stay here, I'm really enjoying myself.

“I know my agent and the club are in talks at the moment but I'm just concentrating on playing, I don't really get involved in stuff like that, I leave all that to the suits. Talks have only just started but I'm just concentrating on trying to win games for Blackburn. That's all I'm worried about right now."

Nelsen is currently 3rd in the brfcs - Player of the Year Poll LINK HERE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.