BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bellamy A Rover For 4 Years

Alan75

Bellamy has signed for Rovers on a 4 year contract.

Bellamy’s signing is a major coup for Rovers and shows the clubs ambition beating off the likes of Celtic, Everton and Aston Villa, for the Welsh striker's signature.

Following the signing of Craig Bellamy from Newcastle for a fee believed to be under £5 million, Rovers manager Mark Hughes stated.

"I think it is a real notice of intent. We've got a player who I feel is one of the best of his type in Europe,"

"He's a player that can take us to the next level, which is what I wanted to do. I'm very excited about the coming season."

Bellamy who spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic after his well documented fall out with former Rovers manager Graeme Souness stated that he wanted to shake off his bad boy image. Stating that all he wanted to do was to play football and he believed that Mark Hughes and the back room staff at Ewood would help him improve his game.

"All I want to do now is prove my temperament is not a problem and get people talking about my football again."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.