BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gray - I'm A Rover Now.

Alan75

Whilst all the media have centred on the return to Ewood of Jon Stead, spare a thought for Blackburn’s Michael Gray.

Born and brought up in Sunderland he signed and played for his home town club, for over 13 years before joining Rovers in January 2004.

Tonight will be the first time that he will have played against Sunderland, knowing that a win for Rovers could hasten the departure of his home town clubs return to the Championship.

After joining Rovers in January 2004 he quickly made his mark in helping Rovers to avoid relegation before falling out of favour with Mark Hughes last season resulting in a loan period at Leeds.

However, this season he has re-established himself as first choice left back at Ewood and has become a fans favourite with his non stop work rate and attacking runs down the flanks.

Speaking to Mirror columnist David Anderson, LINK Gray stated about his old club.

"I'll always be a fan, I have fantastic memories and captaining the side as a local boy was a tremendous feeling. I don't like the position they're in, but business is business. I’m a Blackburn Rovers player now.”

How ironic it would be if the three times capped England full back was to break his scoring duck tonight instead of the much publicised England under 21 striker.

Rovers should have Pedersen, Dickov and Neill available for tonight’s game, however they will be without the suspended Tugay and Todd is a an injury doubt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.