BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Linked With Real Madrid

Alan75

Now that the transfer window has opened speculation has increased on various football message boards and gossip columns linking players and clubs.

Whilst speculation is the bread and butter of the sports columnists, since the arrival of Mark Hughes, apart from the protracted transfer of Robbie Savage, any dealings by the Rovers has resembled an SAS undercover operation, with any transfers deals being revealed at a press conference as the target signed on the dotted line.

Currently the certain media sources are linking Rovers with a loan arrangement for Real Madrid’s 23 year old central defender Alvaro Mejia.

With the defenders first team opportunities limited at the Bernabau he is considering a move to the premiership and he is being reported to have said.

“England is a country that I like and the atmosphere that they have in stadiums is magnificent. I have spoken with Beckham and he made me excited about playing there if the offer becomes more concrete. “I am only concerned with playing and to show that I am worthy of playing football outside of Real Madrid. I am not scared to play in a foreign league because I am someone who likes challenges.”

Other media speculation involving Rovers revolves around Gary Flitcroft, who is being reported to be on his way to join promotion chasing Championship team Sheffield United to team up with former Rovers team mate Craig Short.

Rovers board are expected to approve Matt Jansen’s request to be released from his contract next Tuesday, after Mark Hughes gave the green light, stating.

"Matt is a good player but what he needs is a run of first-team games and at the moment I can't give him that. His best chance of that is probably to go elsewhere,"

"Nobody has wanted Matt to succeed more than myself but it may not be that Matt can further his career playing for Blackburn Rovers."

Meanwhile young striker Matt Derbyshire has returned to Ewood from his loan period at Plymouth after impressing Argyle fans with his enthusiasm, quick-thinking and work-rate. Unfortunately for Matt his opportunities at Plymouth were limited following the appointment of Tony Pullis as manager after the departure of manager Bobby Williamson.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.