BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers 0 Bolton 1

Alan75

Match Report by Bolton fan prestonwhite.

The BWFC comments………….

First of all the game, yes we road our luck a little, but any team that misses 2 penalties in a game doesn’t really deserve to get much. You’re right Blackburn had chances and the goal that wasn’t was dubious but BWFC had their chances. Lets not forget Diouf hit the post and should have done far better when through in the first half.

As for style of play you can only play with the players you’ve got and more importantly can afford. Half the premier league teams seem to be of the view that Bolton should turn up, play in a very entertaining 6-2 defeat and be quite happy!

Some of you seem to be forgetting that the only reason you’re ever seen players such as Shearer at Ewood and some of the players you’ve got NOW is all down to Mr J Walker and his legacy. Realistically with the attendances at Ewood (and that’s not slagging you off) do you really think you’d even have some of the players you’ve got today if they weren’t being ‘subsidised’?? Let’s not forget you paid £7m for Kevin Davies, we got him for nowt!

Nine games in and we’ve conceded 1 goal from open play out of 4 conceded and we’re 3rd in the league….if you think all that’s down to luck then so be it (show’s your lack of knowledge of the game in my book!). I’m more than happy for BWFC to carry on being ‘lucky’ as I’m quite sure you’d settle for Blackburn being ‘lucky’ if you were in the same place as us!

As for Diouf, you seem to becoming obsessed by hurling abuse at him more than supporting / commenting on your own team. Walking out of the Bolton end to witness Blackburn ‘fans’ giving a statement to a WPC of how is behaviour was inciting the crowd was laughable!

Lets be honest do you think Dioufs made a complaint to the police about all the abuse he was receiving throughout the game????

As in any walk of life if you can’t handle getting some abuse back then don’t give it in the first place! Let’s not forget you’ve got that little angel in your side, one Mr Robbie Savage!

Don’t get me wrong I’ve no doubt Rooney and Ronaldo will get lots of abuse at the Reebok on Saturday. Am I going to complain or do I expect other BWFC fans to complain IF they score and proceed to give some ‘abuse’ back to the supporters??

No, it’s called banter and what makes football great chaps!!!!!

Mark Hughes post match comment:

"Obviously with two penalties at the end you expect to take something out of the game.

"We feel Zurab Khizanishvili had a perfectly good goal not given, the ball was clearly over the line.

"But I think anyone who saw our performance today would feel we deserved something out of the game."

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce:

"We weren't at our best but we got away with it and it's our resilience and our strive to be successful that keeps us going.

"Jussi Jaaskelainen made a hero of himself today by saving two penalties and got us three crucial points.

"If you're talking about top keepers he's up there with Petr Cech and Edwin Van der Sar."

Rovers: Friedel, Emerton, Ooijer, Khizanishvili, Neill, Bentley, Savage (Mokoena 74), Tugay (Peter 81), Pedersen (Roberts 74), Nonda, McCarthy.

Subs Not Used: Brown, Jeffers.

Booked: Savage, Neill.

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Faye (Fortune 46), Meite, Ben Haim, Nolan, Campo, Speed, Davies, Anelka (Giannakopoulos 90), Diouf (Vaz Te 81).

Subs Not Used: Walker, Tal.

Sent Off: Nolan (90).

Booked: Fortune, Nolan.

Goals: Campo 62.

Att: 27,662.

Ref: M Dean (Wirral).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.