BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Everton 1 Rovers 4

Alan75

Mark Hughes post match comments.

"People looking at the team sheet may have thought I was taking this game lightly.

"That wasn't the case and I knew if we played to our potential the team that I put out had a real chance to win.

"To score as many goals as we did and play as well as we did I think that is great credit to the players."

Everton boss David Moyes:

"It wasn't our day. We didn't start well enough. Everything we did didn't go in and everything they did went in. They hit the target and we didn't.

"I think there was a penalty we could have got but that wasn't the reason why we didn't get a result so we are not going to harp on about that.

"I thought the team were terrific in the second half and one goal was scant reward for how hard we worked."

Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo (Vaughan 78), Lescott, Valente (Naysmith 43), Osman, Arteta, Carsley, Van der Meyde, Johnson, Anichebe.

Subs Not Used: Wright, Weir, McFadden.

Booked: Valente, Carsley.

Goals: Johnson 69 pen.

Rovers: Friedel, Ooijer, Khizanishvili (Henchoz 37), Todd, McEveley, Bentley, Mokoena, Tugay, Pedersen, Gallagher (Emerton 63), Derbyshire (McCarthy 70).

Subs Not Used: Brown, Savage.

Booked: Pedersen, Ooijer, Derbyshire, McCarthy.

Goals: Derbyshire 5, Pedersen 21, Gallagher 38, McCarthy 90.

Att: 24,426

Ref: A Marriner

Archived