BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wake Up Call Needed Tomorrow.

Alan75

Ever since beating Manchester City in the Quarter Final, all the fans seem to talk about is next weekends FA Cup semi final against Chelsea at Old Trafford. First of all it was a conspiracy theory on how predictable it was that the semi final draw had kept United and Chelsea apart. Talk then turned to where the game was to be played, followed by ticket allocation and the lack of concession tickets for juniors / senior citizens. The latest topic of conversation, is another conspiracy theory fuelled by the media, that Hughes is been lined up as the next Chelsea manager, in order to upset the team before next weekend.

It is therefore not hard to believe that the main topic on the players minds is also the semi final, bearing in mind the performances since the win against Manchester City. Two defeats in a row, and lack lustre display from one or two players, in fact ninety per cent of the team during the West Ham game.

Despite the attitude of one or two players the premiership season doesn’t stop until May. Fans are paying hard earning cash and deserve better.

Is all well and good that Rovers drop ticket prices, (kids for a £1 tomorrow) but they can’t expect people to turn up if the players aren’t putting in the effort. Too many players in my opinion have gone missing during the last two games and with qualification for Europe through the league virtually diminished, there needs to be some incentive.

I would therefore suggest before tomorrows game against Villa, Hughes gives a couple of players a warning that they are playing for a place in the semi final starting eleven.

In fact I would go so far as saying, that a spell on the bench might wake one or two players up. A run out in the reserves for one or two of the slackers might wake them up a bit. It amazes me that none of the fringe first team squad players weren’t included in last nights reserves game against United. I would have thought that players such as Roberts, Gallagher, Peter, Berner and Henchoz could do with some actual match practice.

VILLA PREVIEW.

Archived