BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Going - Nowhere

Alan75

On the eve of Rovers game with Charlton, Rovers boss Mark Hughes is quoted in the media that he is not interested in using Morten Gamst Pedersen as bait to re-sign striker Craig Bellamy from Liverpool.

Hughes is quoted as saying: “I won’t be letting Morten go, that’s for sure. He is not going anywhere.”

These comments strengthen previous comments made in Lancashire Evening Telegraph when Hughes stated, following links with Manchester United and Spurs. "Morten has just signed a new contract and that's his message to everybody. He understands where he is in his career, he wants to stay here and keep progressing because he knows he will if he stays here.

"He's a good young talent and I'm not surprised that there's interest in him. But we made a commitment to Morten and he made a commitment to us and we're more than happy with the decision he's made."

Hughes comments were backed up by Rovers Chairman John Williams who as quoted as saying: "If Mark is keen to keep Morten, and I assume that is the case, then I am confident that he'll be with us next season."

Archived