BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

It Must Be True, It's In The Papers

Alan75

The Times are reporting that Johann Rupert has no intention of making a takeover bid for Rovers.

Rupert is being quoted as saying "The whole thing has been a big misunderstanding. I've no interest in buying a football club."

The Guardian is reporting that Rovers manager Mark Hughes is favourite to take over at Manchester City, should Sven-Goran Eriksson turn down the managers post offered by prospective new City owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

Rovers will have to pay in the region of £1.4 million to acquire the services of Roma's Chris Nonda. His agent has warned Rovers not to delay negotiations as another English club has declared an interest.

Andy Todd will be allowed to leave the Rovers this summer, his agent Peter Harrison has told BBC Sport

"He won't go for free as there is a year left on his contract but a couple of clubs are already interested."

"I don't think there have been any concrete offers for Andy as of yet but he isn't in the country at the moment.

"We'll see what happens over the next few days but I would definitely expect developments within two weeks."

"Rangers, and an other Premiership clubs have shown an interest in the defender in recent times.

Skysports.com is reporting that Rovers striker Jason Roberts is being tracked by Charlton along with several other London clubs.

Archived