BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Everton - According To Cocker

Alan75

Preview From An Evertonian

Posted by Cocker with thanks to Richard his Everton friend.

I'd not really thought too much about your Blackburn in too much detail.

I've always rated Friedel and can't think of too many keepers anywhere that I'd rather have.

Defensively Nelsen has been class for you since he joined, every team needs a rock solid centre back to have any chance of doing well.

Didn't see a huge amount of Samba but he did look good in the bits I did see. Don't rate Emerton in any position to be honest, think he's a real weak point in your defence especially. Likewise I'm not sure about Warnock, I'm sure you always get full effort from him but I don't think he's got much ability and could be another weakness, especially in giving away silly free-kicks etc.

Savage is like Carsley - you can't understand how he gets picked but then when he's not playing there's something not right. Tugay I've always liked but he does seem to be off the pace now, although he can still ping a great ball around the park. Bentley is someone who I'm yet to be convinced by - I've always thought of him as someone who does very little but will score the odd spectacular goal. He was much better than that last season, and I think this season will be where he proves if he really is a good player or not. Pedersen is one that I'm not sure what to make of. He seems to have a run of 5 or 6 games every season where he scores a few amazing goals, but I get the impression he doesn't offer a lot more than this. To be honest, I think that's the reason that no one has really made any effort to buy him. I just hope his amazing run comes at a time when you don't play us.

Up front, you'll be fine as long as McCarthy stays fit. You could play anyone with him and you would have a decent strikeforce. However if he gets injured then I think you'd be in real trouble - Roberts I've always liked, but can't see him getting any more than 10 a season. Santa Cruz is unknown, can't see him doing that much given his past record. Derbyshire looks like he can finish, but I think he might be a Michael Branch/Danny Cadamarteri type who fades off in to lower league footy. Rigters is not ready to be starting yet.

In conclusion, if you keep your main boys fit then you'll finish top 10 and will be in contention for UEFA places. If you took any injuries to McCarthy or someone else important, then you'll struggle. Not down the bottom or anything, but you be around 10th-15th.

Continued Click Here

Archived