BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lord Square

Watching this with keen interest but havent really seen any detailed drawings of what its going to look like when its finished.

For me £66m to build something for the size of area that is Lord square seems very cheap indeed which brings into question the quality of the finished centre, this building represents a massive opportunity for Blackburn to put itself on the map yet for £66m it doesnt seem enough to acheive that goal and having recently come across the planning and highways committe for BwD just dont inspire confidence in Blackburn making a statement to the rest of the north west.

Good post, Jal.

I was glad to see the previous eyesore disappear - it was an shabby, untidy and dated disgrace. However, seeing a gaping hole in the town centre is even worse. Hopefully the prep works will be completed smoothly so that construction can finally begin. I think it will be ok in the end, though I doubt it will be completed on time.

Good post, Jal.

I was glad to see the previous eyesore disappear - it was an shabby, untidy and dated disgrace. However, seeing a gaping hole in the town centre is even worse. Hopefully the prep works will be completed smoothly so that construction can finally begin. I think it will be ok in the end, though I doubt it will be completed on time.

I'd like to see more detailed finished drawings of the development to draw some conclusions as these councillors are a massive worry.

For a mere £66m I dont see alot of detail costed into the development.

Archived