BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Allardyce Looks Forward To Rovers Challenge

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Sam Allardyce was officially unveiled at Ewood Park this afternoon.

Allardyce looked relaxed and looked forward to getting Rovers out of the relegation zone and explained why he never got the job in the summer

"Six months ago it was a case of speaking with John Williams, going home and talking to my better half," he said.

"After 15 years straight managing and coaching I decided it was too early to jump back into the mainstream. "Now I can get going in terms of getting my teeth stuck into the job and improving results, certainly in the beginning."

"Everyone here didn't expect the club to be in this position, but I've been there before and the players must respond quickly. "You can never say you are too good to go down but the players have to get us out of trouble as quickly as possible. "We are some distance from safety (five points) and while some people say that is only two wins, actually winning two on the trot is a big ask". "It could take up to six games to catch those teams up but there are 21 games to go, we've got a relatively fit squad and it's about lifting their confidence and using the old adage of taking it one game at a time."

Allardyce also made it clear that he was under no pressure to sell players contrary to reports in the media

"We don't have to sell anyone in the January transfer window," said the former Bolton and Newcastle boss.

"I think it is very important from my point of view. I have joined the club because I know the players.

"I know how good they are and it is one of the reasons I am here so why would I want to sell any of my best ones?"

And Blackburn chairman John Williams added: "The key thing is he believes he can get the best out of what we have got.

"You are not going to get out of jail if you sell your best players."

So there you have it, a new manager and new hope for everyone involved with Rovers.

Archived