BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Speculation Mounts

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

The transfer window opened today and speculation is mounting regarding the future of Rovers star striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Reports in the media are suggesting that Manchester City are close to making an official approach for Santa Cruz, earlier in the day Sam Allardyce confirmed that the club have not received any official approach, He told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph: "As far as we are concerned, there appears to be an interest from Manchester City, but there is no actual confirmed bid from them.

"We just continue trying to get him fit as quickly as possible and playing for us.

"It is reasonable to think we would expect to hear from them because Mark Hughes brought him to the club in the first place and he had a very good season and, if he is struggling for a striker, he is bound to be interested.

"But that interest can only be at the right price for Blackburn Rovers if we considered we wanted to sell him. At the moment, we have had nothing to consider anyway, so it is not an issue as far as we are concerned."

Apart from sorting out Santa Cruz's future it is very likely that Rovers will be adding to the existing squad. Allardyce has confirmed that he is looking to add quality players to the squad, He said: "It's quite simple. If I can find a player that is better than what we've got, and can make an immediate impact, I will try and sign him.

"Where that's from is our main focus in terms of trying to find him, but if there is a player of that sort of quality then I'm sure we'll be competing with other clubs as well.

"The sooner we can do it in January the better, and the sooner we can get our business done then we can settle down and get focused on winning Premier League matches."

Looks like it is going to be an interesting month. The FA have confirmed that the transfer window will shut at midnight on Monday 2nd February 2009.

Archived