BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Kean Takes Charge

BRFCS Content

New Rovers manager Steve Kean has been talking to the media today at his first press conference since he was appointed manager until the end of the season.

Kean went to India this week to hold talks with the owners of the club "The main reason for going was so I could stand up in front of the players this morning and tell them the direction the club's going in and I am delighted to say it was a very positive meeting and anything I am going to tell the lads is to look forward to. It was excellent."

During his meeting with the owners Kean was promised that there would be investment during the January transfer window "The overall message is there is going to be investment in this transfer window".

Recent speculation had suggested that players would be sold to finance activity in the January transfer window, Kean was able to allay those fears "The players were worried we were going to have to sell players, but the chairlady says we don't have to sell anybody. Obviously, if there is anybody that doesn't want to be at the club and we get the right offer then that is something we will consider. We don't have to sell to raise any capital, there is going to be investment to improve the squad in the areas where we are weak. Certainly, as for the emerging crop of young developing players, she does not want to sell any of those players and she wants to draw a line under that."

After a week of uncertainty, rumour and speculation which has not put the club in a good light, it was great to see that new manager Steve Kean seems to have taken charge of the situation and is trying to focus the minds of the players and fans on what happens on what happens on the field. Rovers face a hectic programme of matches starting with Stoke on boxing day.

Archived