BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Devon Rover

Devon Rover

Morning all

My name is Anthony and I live in Exeter. As a boy I supported Arsenal (I know, sorry!) because my dad was a life-long Gooner. When my dad left I was very angry. I cut all ties with Arsenal and came to hate them. We had an elderly neighbour named Doug who was lonely and in my early teens I spent Saturday mornings chatting with him about football and drinking tea. Doug had moved to Taunton from Blackburn a few years back. He told me many stories of standing on the terraces at Ewood, watching Bryan Douglas and Ronnie Clayton, of going to Wembley and recounting the times when Rovers were a major force in football. I began to listen out for their results from 1992 and felt there was something special about the club and something very special was happening, which I wanted to be part of. I supported Blackburn Rovers from that point and its been one hell of a roller-coaster ride! The premier league championship was won when I was 16 and the joy was incredible. Doug got to enjoy that huge success before passing away the following year.

I posted a little on this site back in the late 90s when I was a student (including some embarrasingly naiive and pretentious posts, I suspect!) and came back to it 4 or 5 years ago. I enjoy reading peoples' views and keeping up with news on the club I have come to love, albeit from quite a distance.

Lets hope this morning's news regarding a potential Qatari takeover comes to fruition, this feels like a major crossroads and reminds me of that time in the early 90s- the feeling that something amazing might happen. Venkys- please don't keep us heading down the wrong path!

All the best

Devon Rover

• Like 2