BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Just Don't Go

I write this with the heaviest of hearts after the most depressing year as a Rovers fan.

The utter contempt with which Venky's have treated supporters since they took over is both appalling and shocking.

Their complete lack of awareness is rivalled only by Steve Kean, who is certain to take our beloved club into the Championship.

What's worse is that the manager is now using his seemingly immovable position to turn other respected persons in the football community against us.

I care little about the thoughts of Coyle, Moyes, Ferguson et al, (who wouldn't want Kean managing the opposition?) but the fact remains that we as fans are now being publicly questioned for our actions.

One way or another, we are being pushed into a corner and having our most pertinent concerns undermined.

I honestly believe there is only one way to proceed, and that is to avoid going to the matches until change occurs.

It is the hardest thing for a football fan not to go and support the team, but what else are we do to at this stage? Marches haven't worked, banners haven't worked, press coverage hasn't worked, airplane haven't worked, chanting hasn't worked. The fans have been ignored, the leading sponsor has been ignored, the town council have been ignored, the local newspaper has been ignored, the MP has been ignored, former players have been ignored. Steve Kean is immovable, and Venky's do not care whatsoever about the demise of Blackburn Rovers. That much is clear.

If attendances drop, starting with Stoke at home on January 2nd, it will hit Venky's where it hurts - their pockets. It is a fact they won't be able to ignore. Although I'm at a loss as to what will convince them to act, it seems the only logical, possibly effectual, way forward from here.

Protest outside before the game, during the game, after the game. But don't go into the ground. It might be "our Ewood", but they're the ones with the deeds. And they don't give a sh*t about us.

Paying to watch Blackburn Rovers supports what Venky's and Kean are doing to the club. Would you give a man who insulted you £10 to tell him to get lost? You know you wouldn't, so why do it with a club that no longer listens to its fans?

It may be a hard decision to make, but it really is the best option. And what harm will it do? We are going down and Venky's and Kean are here to stay as it currently stands. You don't like that, none of us do, so let them know and just don't go.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Matt

Matt I agree and I myself am boycotting even though my season ticket is paid up in full. However, most fans will find every excuse to go as they are addicted, and will say any old garbage to make themselves feel better about continuing to fill the ground up. I don't care what anyone says but a mass boycott would be the end of kean for a start. Some fans can't see the wood from the trees though.

I'm sure you'll see one of three excuses:

1) Venky's won't drive me out MY club! (It's not your club anymore)

2) I've gotta turn up and give Kean hell! (Like he gives a damn)

3) Boycotting won't change anything! (Like protesting HAS?)

i do not think that boycotting games will work.

The venkys do not seem to care about the operation of the club, and i would put attendances and gate receipts firmly in this category.

I do not understand why they bought us. if it was anything to do with a long term profit they would have been protecting their asset by installing a respected management team, and keeping us in the prem.

Well, I've got a season ticket; but a combination of factors [difficulty for this non-driver getting over to Blackburn for home games (especially evening kick-offs) and family arrangements in the run-up to Christmas] have meant that I've missed the last three home games. And, as I've been invited by friends in Weybridge [NO-O-O-O!! :oNOT Baldrick & family] to see in the New Year with them, I'll be missing the Stoke game too.

I've said a number of times on here that, under the Venky's, Rovers no longer feel like my club; I never realised quite how easy it would be to become divorced! The reports/commentaries on the radio and e-mails/texts from my neighbours in the Riverside stand on the games I've, er, "m1st" [sorry!] have all been equally bleak.

Those, together with the shambles that the club seems to have become under Venky's ownership [with, apparently, no Plan "B" on the pitch], combine to mean that it's now got to the stage where I'm not missing going to the game [an awfully easy cycle to get into].

The worse thing for me, though is that I can't even get wound up by "jokes" from friends who support other clubs or by comments such as those by members of the League Managers' Association, who don't seem to appreciate that the volume of feeling isn't just about the Manager but increasingly against the owners.

Archived