BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVING REPORT 15/2/2003

Alan75

Rovers Exiles

Rovers on loan striker Marc Richardsscored both goals for Swansea in their 2-0 defeat of Cambridge United. A win that takes Swansea clear of the relegation zone.

Matt Jansenhas been given squad number 9 shirt by Coventry for a three-month loan period, the shirt previously worn by fellow Rovers team-mate Craig Hignett whilst on loan at Coventry.

Transfer Gossip

Craig Hignett is hoping for a move in the summer. Hignett doesnt think he'll be involved with Rovers when  fit. It is reported that he has made his feelings clear to the Souness and  is now waiting to see what happens.

Hignett is quoted in the media as saying "I've still got a year left on my contract so it's up to the club whether they'll let me go or not, but I think they will."

"I just want to go and play football. I'm no spring chicken but I feel I've got three or four years left in me and I don't want to finish as a bit-part player.

Defensive Coach

Media reports suggest that Graeme Souness is delighted that Craig Short has signed a one year extension to his contract, not only because of retaining a valued player but also for the influence that Short can give in developing Tiny Taylor into one of the countries best defenders.  Media report Short as saying. that 'Tiny' has a big future in the game and he will be delighted to tutor him until the summer of 2004.

"Tiny's had an outstanding year. In some of the games he has played in he's been absolutely outstanding,"

"He's talented, he's got everything you need as a centre-half.

Birthday Cap

After gaining his first England cap, playing around 20 minutes in the second half, for England U21 on Tuesday night against Italy, Jay McEveley is keeping his feet firmly on the ground. Jay who turned 18 on Tuesday is quoted as saying. "If I can get a regular first team place at Blackburn and do well for them then that will be great. Further international recognition will come if Im good enough.

Striker Debut

Hakan Sukar has returned to training and Souness is targeting a debut for the Turkish international against Manchester City on March 1st. Media reports have quoted Souness as saying "If things go well then he could be in the frame for Manchester City. he's been working his socks off and he's really impressed everyone with the amount of work he has put in."

Tickets for the Manchester game went on sale last Monday. This is a Category A match and home supporters with a record of purchasing tickets prior to the 1st February can purchase tickets for this game. Manchester City have been allocated the whole of the Darwen End.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.