BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Roving Report 18/2/03

Alan75

No Runout for Dunn

As reported here last night it was hoped that David Dunn would get a runout in the reserves, in order to regain match fitness before the trip to Chelsea on the weekend, however Rovers reserve game against Villa at Walsalls, Bescot Stadium has been called off because of a frozen pitch.

After a lunch time inspection only 90% of the pitch was deemed playable and a section of the stand was frozen solid.

No new date for the game has yet been agreed.

Damian Duff

Media reports would indicate that Damian Duff is not quite ready for inclusion in Sounesss squad to play Chelsea this weekend. Souness is quoted as saying that Duff needs an extra week to make a full recovery, and that Rovers can't afford to have any more set-backs with Damien between now and the end of the season.

Hearing Delayed

Graeme Souness's FA Disciplinary hearing due to be held at Bolton's Reebok Stadium today, has been postponed for a month in order to allow both sides to gather more evidence.

Souness was charged with misconduct following an argument between him and the fourth official during Rovers' Worthington Cup game at Wigan.

Jansen

Rovers on loan striker, Matt Jansen started training with Coventry for the first time today and in his first press conference with the local media stated that he believes the Sky Blues should suit him and hopes his experience in Division One will help the club.

The Coventry Web site report the following quotes from Matt .

"Graeme Souness said it would be unfair to rush me back when I wasnt 100% ready. We agreed that I needed first team football rather than reserve team football. A few clubs came in who were willing to take me and I had the choice to make which club it was going to be. I thought Gary McAllister likes to play football, he obviously knows his football as well so I opted for Coventry for that reason.

"My match fitness is fine and I havent really had a problem with fitness. I did a bleep test on Friday and managed to get as good a score as I achieved last year. Match fitness hasnt ever really been a problem, its just the fine tuning thats got to be done.

Midland based Rovers wishing to support Matt, should note that Coventrys next home game is against Bradford on Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.