BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Roving Report 25/2/2003

Alan75

Socceroo Suspended

Rovers Australian full back Lucas Neill will miss Rovers games against  Arsenal on the 15 March and the away trip to Newcastle on the 22 March after pleading guilty to a charge of misconduct following his sending off at Everton on 14 December.

Neill served his one-match ban for the dismissal at Everton against West Ham on 28 December, but also pleaded guilty to a separate charge of misconduct and has been handed a further two-match suspension.

Striker Suspended

Another Rover facing suspension is Marc Richards who is currently on loan to Swansea. The young 20 year old striker was sent off in Swanseas 4-0 defeat by Mike Newells table topping Hartlepool on Saturday. It is also reported in some of the media that Richards is desperate to stay on at Rovers, but admits that he may have to move on for the sake of his career. Richards is quoted to have said. "I'd like to stay at Blackburn but if that's not possible then I just want to play at the highest level I possibly can."

Hakan Sukar

Reports indicate that although Hakan Sukur is back in full training it is unlikely at present that he will feature in Graeme Sounesss plans for the game against Manchester City on Saturday. The on loan Turkish international has yet to play for the club after breaking his leg shortly after joining Rovers in December.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.