BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Italian Break for Souness. Updated 19.6.2003

Alan75

Updated 19th June 2003.

Blackburn Supporters will know within the next few days whether Rangers defender Lorenzo Amoruso, will be wearing the Lancashire clubs colours next season.

It is understood that discussions between Blackburn and Amoruso are ongoing with Amoruso's agent, Andrea D'Amico, stating that a decision will be made within seven days.

However following Arsenal's confirmation yesterday that they are not interested in signing the player an announcement could be made about Amoruso's move to Blackburn before the weekend.

Graeme Souness has met up with Amoruso in Italy this week in a bid to finalise the deal.

Amoruso is reported to have told the Daily Record: "I was really impressed by Graeme Souness. I don't know him well but I can see already that he is a very straight man and very open - the kind of guy who says things to your face - and that's the kind of manager I like to work with.

"He has to speak to his chief executive to sort out some small details but it looks like it will be finalised by Thursday and I will be signing a three-year deal with Blackburn."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.