BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sour Grapes ?

Alan75

After the condemning comments about Blackburn manager Graeme Souness by recently transferred David Dunn and Keith Gillespie this week, Blackburn’s Gary Flitcroft and Andy Cole have spoken out in support of the manager, as has new signing Brett Emerton.

Flitcroft has stating "There is a great team spirit here. You don't have the success that we've had here in the last three years without a good team spirit.

Whilst Cole who has had his run in’s with Souness is reported to have said. "The manager is doing a great job. We have have come a long way at Blackburn and the club is still going forward. He has assembled a tidy little team and no one can argue with that.

"When I first arrived here we were in the bottom half of the table. But to finish 10th and then sixth since then is some going. That's down to the manager."

Emerton is quoted as saying “Obviously I have a great impression of him otherwise I would not be considering going to the club. I cannot comment about the other players but as far as I am concerned he has treated me well.

Editors comment

Maybe there is an arrogance about Souness, but is it a case of Sour Grapes.

For what the fans think check out the message board by clicking on the link.There is no need to register to read the topicsLink to Message board

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.