Jump to content


SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QEGS Blackburn Win Final.


Recommended Posts

Despite going in 2-0 down at half time QEGS Blackburn came back to win on penalties against Millfield in the final of the ISFA Cup at the Walker Stadium tonight.

In a dramatic second half QEGS scored twice, the second goal being scored in injury time, to take the game in to extra time, which ended goalless.

In the resultant penalty shootout QEGS won 5-4 after Millfield missed their first penalty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Report by Kiwiwannabe


QEGS Blackburn won a thrilling Cup Final when they came from 2-0 down to draw and then defeat Millfield on penalties at Leicester City's magnificent Walkers Stadium.

Millfield made an excellent start when Luke Shaw hammered a 20 yard drive past QEGS goalkeeper Francis Fielding to give Millfield the lead after just 3 minutes, a goal that was eventually win him the Final's "Golden Moment" Award.  QEGS looked out of sorts and Millfield continued to dominate, scoring a second on 31 minutes when a free-kick near the corner flag was headed home by Kyle Follett.  It looked at this point as though Millfield might coast home.

However QEGS came out for the second half a different side and Mark Fletcher headed home a free-kick despite Bradley Brooke's desperate attempt to scramble the ball clear.  QEGS were not only back in the game but on top as Millfield looked a pale shadow of the side they were in the first half.  However, it looked as though they had weathered the storm as the game went into the three minutes of added time allotted.  Then, as the clock clicked up to time, a through ball was played through, Brooke and a QEGS forward collided and substitute Ross Hawthornthwaite made himself a hero by slotting home the equaliser with barely a few seconds left.

There were chances at both ends in extra-time but no further scoring.  Kyle Follett was the unlucky man who blasted Millfield's first penalty high over the bar and with all the remaining kicks being scored, it was left to Neville Nelson to slot home the final QEGS kick and give his school the cup for the third time after a truly memorable Final.

(report from ISFA Cup website)

Photos from the final

QEGS website (photos added later today)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.