BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kangaroo Court..

Alan75

Kangaroo Court

Don’t we all fall for it every time, like some soap episode on television, we believe everything placed before us. The power of the media can be a wonderful tool in spreading instant news but it can also be the catalyst of miss interpretation.

The press were quick to report an article in an Australian ex pat magazine, regarding alleged quotes by Blackburn’s Australian defender Lucas Neill stating that he had a low opinion of Blackburn as a town; and readers were just as quick to believe the comments attributed to Lucas Neill.

Lucas Neill, whose girlfriend comes from Blackburn, has hit back at these comments, and for those who are not registered with the Rover’s official web site, I will quote.

“The piece is outrageous, I have no problem with this area, quite the contrary.

I have always been made very welcome here and I spend a lot of time in the region – I even go out with a Blackburn girl.

I felt the reporter’s questions were loaded and all I said was that Blackburn was not a Sydney or London, to give him a sense of scale.

He asked if I missed Australia and I told him that everyone misses the place where their family is based to some extent. I also said that they get more sun than we do over here and I don’t think anyone can argue with that.”

The above quotes are courtesy of

www.rovers.co.uk (link)

To read the full article you may need to register

On an other matter the media were also quick to suggest that Dwight Yorke's career at Blackburn was over following a training ground bust up with manager Graeme Souness. However Souness has been quick to respond telling BBC Sport.

"There was something, but these things happen on training grounds every week in football and you move on.

"You want your players to be competitive and we'll speak about it."

Souness described claims that Yorke's Blackburn career was over after the incident as "absolute nonsense."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.