BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Central Defender Extends Contract

Alan75

The news that Craig Short was to extend his contract untill the end of next season was broken on the official Rovers web site this morning.

Speaking to www.rovers.co.uk the 36-year-old central defender, who has recently been linked with Sheffield United, stated.

"We had to get the season sorted out first and I was not going to talk to anyone else until I knew what the situation at Rovers was," said Short.

"It will be my sixth year here, the longest I have ever been at a club, but it is also the happiest period of my career.

"This season didn't start off too well with me being injured but it's turned out okay and hopefully we can look forward to a great campaign next year."

Souness added on the club's website, www.rovers.co.uk: "I am delighted Craig will be with us next season, he is a proper player and a true professional.

"He is a great role model for younger players and wonderful to work with. You can never have too many like him around the place."

Edited by Alan75

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.