BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Situation Vacant

Alan75

Rovers, Chief Executive John Williams will open his post this morning, hoping that amongst the pile of applicants for the post of manager, one c.v. stands out and smacks him in the face.

Mr Williams stated yesterday.

"I've set myself a target of two to three weeks to make an appointment, but we're not going to rush into anything. If our first choice ends up being someone who is employed elsewhere and it means taking a little longer, that's got to be worth waiting for"

If the betting odds are to be believed, then former Rovers striker and current Wales manager Mark Hughes is favourite to take over from Souness. Whilst Sparky is currently one of the supporters favorite choices for the job, John Williams reported yesterday that the club had received over 20 applicants for the vacancy, stating. "Many of those who have contacted us have serious credentials,"

If the media are to be believed there are a number of other managers in the frame, Gordon Strachan, the former, Coventry and Southampton manager, former Rovers striker and current Luton manager Mike Newell and late yesterday afternoon former Holland and Rangers manager Dick Advocaat was gaining a lot of interest with the bookmaker.

Continued click on Read Entire Article

Click Here ..Who the Fans Want as Manager

Whilst the supporters will speculate and the bookies will adjust their odds on who will take over the hot seat at Ewood, Mr Williams will have the unenviable task of sorting out the wheat from the chaff, to ensure that the right appointment is made for the future prospects of the club. Quite rightly Mr Williams stated yesterday.

"I've set myself a target of two to three weeks to make an appointment, but we're not going to rush into anything. If our first choice ends up being someone who is employed elsewhere and it means taking a little longer, that's got to be worth waiting for"

If the betting odds are to be believed, then former Rovers striker and current Wales manager Mark Hughes is favourite to take over from Souness, however Hughes yesterday distanced himself from the speculation stating.

"Every time a position becomes free, people will link or try to make a link with managers and ex-players. I don't deal in ifs and maybes and I don't anticipate that they will call." Although he didn't categorically rule himself out, stating that he still has "feelings" for the club.

The major stumbling block in Hughes's appointment is his patriotism and commitment to gaining World Cup qualification for Wales, who play Northern Ireland tonight and then face England and Poland next month. This could reflect on John William's comment that he wont be rushed into anything, bearing in mind that after the 13th October, Wales and Hughes will have a five-month break, before the next WC qualifying game. A period in which he would be able to bed himself in to the Ewood hot seat, with the option of continuing his National duties on a part time basis, utilising Blackburn's state of the art academy as a training ground for the Welsh squad.

Whilst Hughes is currently one of the supporters favorite choices for the job, John Williams reported yesterday that the club had received over 20 applicants for the vacancy, stating. "Many of those who have contacted us have serious credentials,"

If the media are to be believed there are a number of other managers in the frame, Gordon Strachan, Mike Newell, Dick Advocaat, Mick Macarthy etc.

So Mr Williams will have a difficult job sorting his mail out this morning, all I hope and I suspect a lot of supporters will be of the same mind is that, when he come across a former England managers c.v. Mr William's secretary will have the task of sending out the obligatory letter Thanks Glenda, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

John Williams told the club's official website yesterday 8.9.04: "There has been a big response to the vacancy, as expected.

"A number of high quality candidates have thrown their hats into the ring and we are now in a position to draw up a shortlist with a view to making an early appointment if possible."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.