BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Removing Emulation Software

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

I have just bought BLIC 2007 on the PC, it uses Starforce Protection. According to that I have some emulation software on my computer which I need to remove before I can run the game, I have in memory never installed any such programmes, I checked for Deamon Tools but can't find it. I am getting desperate so is there anyone out there who can help me locate this and remove it.

i've had issues like this in the past. thanks to their ridiculous attemps at copy protection, people who have actually paid for their games often run into these kinds of problems. first of all, its none of their business whether or not you have emulation software installed. just because it can be used to bypass their protection doesn't mean it is being. who do they think they are to tell you to remove legal software from your machine? i remember reading a post by someone who couldn't get football manager to run a while ago until he phisically disconnected his second disc drive. i kid you not.

if you don't have daemon tools installed you might want to check for alcohol, as that uses virtual drives. i think even nero does as well. if none of this helps then you will probably have to start looking through some shady sites for a no-cd crack, which is just ridiculous if you actually did pay for the game.

Google for 'virtual-cd-hide' and try using that. It tricks your computer into thinking there aren't any virtual CD drives, even if there are. Might do the trick.

It's worth a try but if he's not installed any emulation software the only drive it could hide would be his physical one, so the game might then just prompt for the CD to be inserted.

Guest Kamy100

Thanks for the replies guys, tried what Chuck suggested but no luck as I do not have any virtual drives as have never installed any emulation software.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived