BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Future International Cricket Schedule

Don't know if any cricket fans have seen this new proposal for the international formats thats being discussed by the ICC currently? :unsure:

Clickme

Essentially, its a 4 year cycle b/w the 9 active test nations. Each plays 4 (3 test) series, along with 5 ODI's and a 20/20 a year (both home/away). The actual 3rd year of the cycle is used for the Semi's and Finals.

The fourth year is used for Icon series, such as the Ashes, Pak V Ind etc etc

Personally, I think this is a great idea and long overdue...

Thoughts?

Only thing I disagree with is the window for the IPL. If the players want to take the money let them take it, no skin off the back of international cricket. There will always be enough cricketers who value playing for their country enough to keep the game at a very good standard.

Fine by me but I'm not too sure how popular NZ v Bangladesh will be every few years! Also, making room for a domestic 20/20 league (IPL) is a joke, what if a few other nations launch similar leagues, abandon test cricket? The 20/20 is great for the time being but having a watched a little of Lancs v Sussex, nothing beats the real game.

The IPL has to stay.. even as a money-based counterbalance to current payscales. Personally, I dont like it, but most senior players globally agree with the format (and the money).

On another cricketing note.. This came out today. Clickme

Looks like the ICC have reversed the win to a draw.

Archived