BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Windows Mail

I am hope that somebody can help. I am pulling what hair I have left out with this and its driving me mad (I'm sure it easy IF you know what you are doing). So here is the problem:

I am trying to set up two emails accounts in Windows Mail - I think I have all the info required but I can't seem to get it to work. In the general tab, I have entered pop3.blahblahblah and my name in the NAME box. In the email address and reply address box I have put the email address for the account and ticked the box below. On the servers tab I have put pop3.blahblahblah and mail.blahblahblah in the POP and SMTP boxes ... now comes the problem, what do I put in the e-mail username and password box and what boxes below do I ticked or leave unticked?

Please help!!!!!

I am hope that somebody can help. I am pulling what hair I have left out with this and its driving me mad (I'm sure it easy IF you know what you are doing). So here is the problem:

I am trying to set up two emails accounts in Windows Mail - I think I have all the info required but I can't seem to get it to work. In the general tab, I have entered pop3.blahblahblah and my name in the NAME box. In the email address and reply address box I have put the email address for the account and ticked the box below. On the servers tab I have put pop3.blahblahblah and mail.blahblahblah in the POP and SMTP boxes ... now comes the problem, what do I put in the e-mail username and password box and what boxes below do I ticked or leave unticked?

Please help!!!!!

who is you mail provider?

if I remember correctly

say your email address is jw_upper@myisp.com

pop : pop3.myisp.com

smtp: mail.myisp.com or sometimes smtp.myisp.com

user-name: jw_upper (first part of the email address before the @)

password: just what ever you set it to, if its your broadband company this might be the same password as you broadband.

my outgoing server requires auth

sometimes isp's require you to tick the that box, but its no biggie as it just requires you to enter the user name and password again

everything else should normally be left as is.

hope it help

Archived