BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quick question about 3D movies

I want to buy Sea Monsters 3D on Bluray, which comes with 4 of those blue and red glasses. What i want to know, will this work on a regular lcd tv?

I have a bluray player and

FHD lcd tv. It does not state that you need a 3D tv or bluray player, to play it.

Any idea guys?

I want to buy Sea Monsters 3D on Bluray, which comes with 4 of those blue and red glasses. What i want to know, will this work on a regular lcd tv?

I have a bluray player and

FHD lcd tv. It does not state that you need a 3D tv or bluray player, to play it.

Any idea guys?

If it comes with glasses then it will be the bog-standard red/green glasses shifted image type picture which will work on any blu-ray player/tv combo.

Films that won't work and would need a blu-ray player to support 3D plus a TV with support will be labeled distinctly as "blu-ray 3D". For example, look at the listing for the upcoming Despicable Me The top of the box says "Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray" and the cover itself says "Also includes 2D version" which is what will be on the standard Blu-ray.

Other studios like Disney make it even more obvious like with A Christmas Carol. The standard Blu-Ray is the normal blue cover whereas the 3D version is red with "3D Super Play" all over it.

Plus of course they inflate the prices on the pointless new 3D titles.

nope, that looks like a bog standard Blu-ray with 3D effect (hence the packaged glasses)

i know you probably explained it above, but in simpler terms, what does that mean? Not your normal 3D quality, but more of a poorer standard?

sorry to ask so many questions Biddy, but are they any good in terms of giving that 3D effect using the red and green glasses? i suppose for the amount of money you pay, it probably aint as good as the more expensive equipment.

sorry to ask so many questions Biddy, but are they any good in terms of giving that 3D effect using the red and green glasses? i suppose for the amount of money you pay, it probably aint as good as the more expensive equipment.

The red green 3D is poor mainly because u get a red green tint to your film where as the new 3D technology doesn't have that. I dont like watching films in the red green 3D I would rather watch them in 2D

Archived