BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Android Tablets

Just wondering if anyone on here has an Android Tablet? I am looking at buying one (due to app development mostly) and have a budget around £400.

I don't need it to be 3G as I have my iPhone 4 for outdoor use, hence not getting an iPad 2 either.

Looking on sites, most have suggested the Xoom (which I have seen for 330 at currys), the samsung tab 10.1 or the acer a500.

Requirements basically are quality screen, honeycomb 3.1 and not heavy.

Cheers!

Probably the best out of those are Samsung Galaxy 10.1. The Xoom is also quite nice.

Personally I have the HTC Flyer, but its only a 7" Tab. Its a solid tab though, and it uses scribe technology. So has like a stylus kind pen, where you can make notes, sign documents etc.

Its only running Gingerbread, and Sense UI 2.1. I only have that, because I got it on contract for like 7 pounds a month. Well 80 South African Rands, due to an error that was made.

I would go in order of preference:

Samsung Galaxy 10.1

Motorola Xoom

Samsung Galaxy 7.7(not sure if its been released yet)

Like you I've got an iPhone 4, and was in the market for a tablet. Tried a friend's Galaxy tab, and had a play with the blackberry one, both of which were OK, and if I hadn't tried an iPad I would've likely got the Samsung. However in the end went for the iPad 2. It's simply the best one out there at the moment, hands down. If I were you though I'd hang on and wait for the iPad 3 which is rumoured to be getting the retina display of the iPhone 4 .... that should look amazing.

Archived