BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Moss

Steve Moss

My name is Steve Moss (surprise!). I'm 46 years old, married (to the girl I loved way back in high school), we have two kids (girl and boy, ages 9 and 6). I'm a native of Arizona and think 100 degrees or more is fine and wear a coat if it hits 60. :D

I never knew soccer existed as a sport until my daughter wanted to sign up with one of her friends for U5. So I signed her up and a week before the season was informed the coach quit and the team would be disbanded if a replacement couldn't be found. End result, I was drafted. Since I knew absolutely nothing about the sport, I immediately began to read, watch training DVDs and watch the Premier League to learn the game. Five years later I'm now an unpaid volunteer running the league (916 kids, ages 4-19) as my full time job, which takes so much time my real job seems to be part time. :wacko: Amazingly, we're doing very well despite my ignorance (which tells you persistence is far more valuable than brilliance).

The first week I served as coach is when I found the Rovers. Hughes was the manager. The Rovers were the fighters in blue and white. Half way through the season, I was hooked. I'm fairly well down the road of hooking my kids to. Our coach admin asked Mallory who she thought the top four teams were (in relation to our league, though she didn't catch the implied limitation). She replied her's (U10G, the "Heartbreakers"), her brother's (U8B, the "Firebirds"), Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea, in that order. :tu: I have no clue as how Chelsea slipped in there, though it is worrying.

Nelson is my favorite player. He's a rarity, a good player and a decent human being who seems loyal to the club. Salgado is a close second, though I think his time is done and he should go into coaching. My first live Rovers' match was in March, 2010 at Tottenham. I should have had two Rovers matches but the Birmingham match at Ewood was moved, though I still went to the club shop and bought a Salgado shirt. I hope to take the kids in a year or two. :rover:

Edited by Steve Moss
  • Like 7