BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Internet/wireless problems

Sorry to bother you all with my internet problems, but I know that there are very clever techie people on here who might be able to help me out.

My wireless connection is drifting in and out all the time. Mainly out, TBH.

When it is available it is really slow.

The laptop and router haven't moved and I've had no problems for years.

When I refresh available networks on both laptops the various local wireless networks also appear and disappear. I appreciate that it is difficult to say one way or another but does it sounds like a laptop issue or a wireless (router) issue? Do I need a new router?

Thanks,

Dan

Sorry to bother you all with my internet problems, but I know that there are very clever techie people on here who might be able to help me out.

My wireless connection is drifting in and out all the time. Mainly out, TBH.

When it is available it is really slow.

The laptop and router haven't moved and I've had no problems for years.

When I refresh available networks on both laptops the various local wireless networks also appear and disappear. I appreciate that it is difficult to say one way or another but does it sounds like a laptop issue or a wireless (router) issue? Do I need a new router?

Thanks,

Dan

Signals can fluctuate greatly, and many things can affect it.

Just moving router to a higher more centeral position may solve your problem,

if not:

You would need to find out what device (if any) is dropping the signal.

does any other wireless device drop signal regular? If so that would indicate a router problem, if not it could be the wireless network card.

Also have you tried changing the channel on the router? Something could be blocking the signal, A friend of mine once had his PS3 headset send his wireless to pot untill he changed channel. This can be done via your router interface on a web browser.

Archived