BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wayne Bridge

ewoodeagle

Just thinking of players to fill gaps with the impending departures of players in order to buy .

Wayne Bridge of course is now more than surplus to requirements at City, 31 years old so experienced and like all players moved to a big club on big money before it turned sour when Hughes left the Eastlands hotseat.

Yes I know he is on big wages and whilst we are trying to reduce our wage budget the last thing we need is another 40+K a week player.

my reasons for why he should be signed

• he is not wanted by city hence low/if any fee to pay out
  • he wants to play football and could be used a bargaining tool in order to pay as you play deal

plus if the likes of Hoilett were to leave this window. We could push Martin Olsson upto left wing where he seems to excel with pace in going forward and plug Bridge in the gap of left back knowing that we have a recovered Givet still as plug for Samba if he decides to call it a day. I hope he stays to continue this long fight.

He still has 1½ years left of his £90k/wk deal. No way he's going to let go of that for the joy of relegation with us for play as you pay. I guess a loan deal might come into question, but I'm sure our negotiators would come up with a deal where we'd be paying 100% of his salary, so rather not.

Archived