BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Leigh

john.leigh

Hello! Due to the IT revolution I've had to create a new identity for myself. My previous user name was John Leigh - creative uh?

We've been living in Brisbane for eight years now and have been slowly building a network of Aussie Rovers fans. My local team is another BRFC - Brisbane Roar - current A League Champions AND Premiers.

I still play and coach kids football over here and spread the Rovers name where ever possible. My 12 year old son is as Rovers daft as me!

I was raised in Oswaldtwistle and followed the family tradition of Roverism. I've had a season ticket ever since the Gordon Lee 1975 promotion season up to my emigration.

I've been to approx 80 grounds watching Rovers, including Europe. I was also a regular at Brockhall watching Saturday morning youth games.

I was previously a member of the Fans Forum and attended Jack Walkers memorial service in Blackburn Cathedral as a representative of the forum.

Along with my son we most recently saw BRFC live in Sydney where we spent good times with Rovers bretheren.

All Rovers games are shown live here in Aus which means some very late nights but great coverage.

The Rovers of today are not my Rovers. Gone are the days of Bill Fox et al where no matter what happened all we wanted was for the club to be the best it can be. What we have in place now is a doppleganger.

I don't know what we can do to get our Rovers back but I'm willing to help in any way.

I'm active on Twitter - @BrisRover - and I'm looking to get some representation for all Rovers fans living outside the UK on #roverseas

I lurk more than post as I'm not really ITK being so remote, but I still hold strong opinions and they are just as valid even if I'm not at Ewood expected every game! My plaque is on the pavement just outside Blues Bar when I can't be there...