BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racism in football University research

Recently, I have been involved in large-scale academic research on Staffordshire University’s Topfan research platform concerning the topic of racism in football. To date, we have received over 1500 responses and due to the response from phase 1 we have set up a phase 2 that only asks one question. It will take you less than a minute and is available at: http://www.topfan.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

The research so far reveals 83% of fans believe racism remains a factor in British football. Have you witnessed or experienced racism in football at any level?

Within the last year?:

Poorly constructed question. Also an inference in the question which I feel will skew the answers. Hope it's not intentional. imo The question should simply read....

Have you witnessed or experienced racism in football at any level within the last year?

btw Why request the name of the club supported? <_<

The research so far reveals 83% of fans believe racism remains a factor in British football. Have you witnessed or experienced racism in football at any level?

Within the last year?:

Poorly constructed question. Also an inference in the question which I feel will skew the answers. Hope it's not intentional. imo The question should simply read....

Have you witnessed or experienced racism in football at any level within the last year?

btw Why request the name of the club supported?

Absolutely Drog. It's difficult to imagine a question which more blatantly "leads the witness".

Was gonna do the survey then looked down and saw the question "which team do you support". so i obviously just put yes burnley fan. Question needs to be taken out to get accurate results not many people are gonna say yeah i've seen racist abuse loads of times at their own team for you then to publish who's fans are "more racist"

Archived