BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] CALLING ALL EX PATS

:rover: Living abroad i am thinking of cashing in my pension,has anyone done this?i have made inquires with a company called windsor pensions.any advice will be greatly welcome :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Think long and hard before you go down that track, waggy. Circumstances change from day to day, currencies change value etc.

I don't know the company you are dealing with, but they'll want to make something out of the deal, and, as it's your money, the only pocket that can come out of is yours.

Edit: Waggy, google QROPS. You'll find a lot of info there. It seems there are some "unscrupulous" operators out there, and not all destinations (of funds) are approved and you could end up losing some of your hard earned.

It seems that you have to be out of the UK for 5 years or more, and the closing date is 5th April 2012 (or some date close to that), after which you won't be able to do this.

Not directly on point, but I've dealt with a few who have cashed in annuities in exchange for a lump sum. They've uniformly regretted it.

The old adage a "bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" is appropriate here, I think.

And "the devil you know" would also seem to fit.

I'd think an English pension would be relatively solid compared to a lot of these investment companies, who want to dip their beaks in your earnings. You can live comfortably on what you have coming in. Why rock the boat?

Anyway, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite what a lot of companys say in their adverts most pensions cant just be cashed unless you meet a very specific. Criteria.

Up until recently this was my specialty and i've worked for quite a few large schemes and managed a service to maximise retirement income.

Although I cant give you any advice I am happy to answer any questions you have so you can make am informed decision. Feel free to pm if yet want.

Archived