BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters from outside England, how do you maintain your support and love of the club?

Cowan

Been hard over the years.

It was a case of getting the results over the radio on Sunday evening (when most, if not all were played on saturday arvo), cheering when we won, booing when we lost.

Enjoyed SBS having a broadcast, hated pay tv because of the Murdoch influence, found internet feeds (legal and illegal) stayed up late, rang Wendy on a few occasions, met some fantastic people along the way.

It's in the blood, something that arrives on the day of your birth and never really goes away, though sometimes I wish it would.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Previous years it's been really easy to watch all the games live here in Sweden, last year i think i watched four or five live on tv and two live at Ewood. This year so far only Derby, and Burnley next week, has been shown live on Swedish telly (TV10), Carlisle and Bolton i watched via streams in the net. Overall though we have really good cover on all English football in Sweden, mostly premier league, and as long as we have Swedes in our team we get more coverage by papers. Im planning on a new year in Blackburn to watch Birmingham away and Leeds at home, that will be my first visit this year.

Living in Dundee, its not difficult to see highlights of games, getting the odd live game on sky and maybe a few streams, its good if we get a cup run as your more likely to get a game on council TV.

The thing I hate it there’s no rovers chat . The odd time I’m in Blackburn it’s easy to talk to people about rovers as you would expect. Here it’s about football in general, rangers, Celtic, Dundee united and EPL in general.

just random encounters for rovers chat - Sometimes it’s like being Leela from Futurama

This happened to me last at my 7s aside game I played, noticed a guy in the other team I was playing against was wearing rovers shorts. at full time during the handshakes, I ask if he was a rovers fan. "No there just the cheapest shorts I could find" argh

I have had a few moments, 2005 I think. Sitting in Dundee city centre. We just lost (I’m sure we were going to get relegated )I was depressed thinking about it but sitting there minding my own business, an old man sits besides and promptly starts telling me he’s a Burnley fan.

I'll be in Dundee at a bloody conference just when we play the Dingles!!

Just signed up for Setanta Sports/Setanta Sports Plus for the match vs the Dingles. Can anyone in Australia tell me if Setanta Sports Plus is reliable. There seems to be some fairly poor reviews out there regarding stream crashing etc so now i'm a little concerned i've wasted money. I plan to stream it from my Nexus 10 to the TV using a HDMI cable.

Archived