BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mental Illness / Mind Charity Trip

There has been a lot of talk surrounding Mental Health recently with programmes such as Bedlam and 999 What's Your Emergency on Channel 4 as well as a documentary about mental illness in football with Clarke Carlisle.

I am very open about my mental health difficulties, I suffer from Depression though I am recovering through medication and therapy, my father suffered from Depression, my Mother has schizoaffective disorder, so as you can tell mental health plays a very big part of my life.

I was reading the Lancashire Telegraph around this time last year and came across the inquest into the untimely death of a former Rovers player, Chris Thompson and that he too suffered from mental illness. Former Rovers youth player Ben Brewer has also had his difficulties, as well as Matt Jansen after his motorcycle accident. Also reading that 1/4 of the population develop a mental illness a year, regardless of circumstance or privilege, really struck a chord with me.

This got me thinking, that I wanted to do something for a mental health charity. That is when I had the idea to book onto a trip where I could really test myself and raise a good sum of money for a charity.

I duly booked myself to go to Peru, to trek on the Inca Trail. I was supposed to be going this year, however I put this back to next November instead because my job was at threat of being made redundant, now that threat has been eliminated, I want to focus my attention to raising money for my chosen charity, Mind.

I am calling on the BRFCS community to show solidarity and help me raise funds for Mind. There are quite a lot of members on the site and if each donated £1, I would easily have the total required, however this is not feasible. Please donate what you can via the following methods;

Just Giving website - http://www.justgiving.com/james-fallon2 - Don't forget if you are a UK Taxpayer, to gift aid your donation.

Text - "Peru60 £1, £2, £3, £4, £5, £10 or £15" to 700 70. The text itself is free of charge and is a quick and easy way to donate.

Please donate generously, I don't expect people to donate big sums with Christmas coming up, but all donations whether £1 or £100 will be massively appreciated by both me and Mind.

If you want any further information; please reply to this topic, PM me or Tweet me. My username is on the left of this message.

Thank you for reading and I really hope you can help me raise funds for Mind.

James

Archived