BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Terry Darracott

rover6

Terry Darracott, Graeme Souness chief Rovers' scout, and one of the hapless players in the Grabbi scam (scam used loosely and not meant to intimate any wrongdoing beyond incompetence) joins Saunders as Wrexham assistant.

I'm sure Darracottians will point at good Souey signings to defend him but here is a interesting phrase from the Beeb article: Ex-Everton defender Darracott, 57, has been working as a European scout with Bolton since November 2007.

Terry Darracott, Graeme Souness chief Rovers' scout, and one of the hapless players in the Grabbi scam (scam used loosely and not meant to intimate any wrongdoing beyond incompetence) joins Saunders as Wrexham assistant.

I'm sure Darracottians will point at good Souey signings to defend him but here is a interesting phrase from the Beeb article: Ex-Everton defender Darracott, 57, has been working as a European scout with Bolton since November 2007.

I think you should do your homework R6.

Darracott was a highly respected member of Rovers backroom staff. He was reserve manager until 2001 when illness/injury forced him to take a none active role within the club. (None active, I mean direct coaching)

He was involved with the development of youth players such as Dunn, Duff, Martin Taylor and Damien Johnson amongst others.

You have blindedly lumped him in with the Souness gang. He was at Rovers previously. A certain K Dalgleish rated Darracott highly, as did Roy Hodgson.

There was a distinctive change in the quality of reserve football after Darracott was replaced by Murray. Darracott certainly got the young players to push themselves forward and try to play decent football. Which I don't believe was the case after.

A decent servant to Rovers wrongly maligned.

Edited by Dave S

• 2 weeks later...
I think you should do your homework R6.

Darracott was a highly respected member of Rovers backroom staff. He was reserve manager until 2001 when illness/injury forced him to take a none active role within the club. (None active, I mean direct coaching)

He was involved with the development of youth players such as Dunn, Duff, Martin Taylor and Damien Johnson amongst others.

You have blindedly lumped him in with the Souness gang. He was at Rovers previously. A certain K Dalgleish rated Darracott highly, as did Roy Hodgson.

There was a distinctive change in the quality of reserve football after Darracott was replaced by Murray. Darracott certainly got the young players to push themselves forward and try to play decent football. Which I don't believe was the case after.

A decent servant to Rovers wrongly maligned.

Well countered, sterling post. Once again clearly illustrating the point that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands; especially when the emphasis is on 'little', when 'incorrect' would be more fitting :)

Edited by DingleBaiter