BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Battlefield 2 And 1942

I'm trying to get Battlefield 2 and 1942 set up on my computer but everytime I try and get into an online game on Battlefield 1942 it tells me I don't have the latest version though I've installed all the new patches so I'm not sure what's going on there. For Battlefield 2 the game doesn't even start and just closes down on start-up. Anyone know what's going on?

Eddie, I have similar problems with BF1942. I tried and loved BF2 and I thought I would go a little retro! However, I couldn't be bothered sorting out the techincal issues so I have stuck to BF2, just got back into it after a two month absence.

I was online yesterday, there were only 800 servers available - I presume that was something to do with the new patch which has just come out - its a fairly hefty download and I havent got around to downloading it yet. I may wait to see if its included on any free discs of the various PC mags.

I know Flopsy is a very keen BF fan so he is probably your best bet on the board. We must get together sometime for some squad based action!

The full client patch will mean that you are installing all patches doesn't it, whereas with the incremental patch you will have had to have installed all previous patches already? Might be wrong though.

Good if we could arrange a little game sometime.

bloody EA, the 1.2 patch has solved some problems and led to some new ones. Incompetant or what - anyroad - Patch 1.21 will be out soon, im sure to cause more havoc - therefore the euroforces has been set back to next month.

Ive got Darwinia off a mate for something different - its bloody brilliant - thourghly well worth a look

• 4 weeks later...

right Darwinia is excellent - get it

Battlefield 2 - Euro forces and Patch 1.21 is out (Euroforces is 5.99 downloaded - actually worked well surprising from EA)

Recommend getting Euroforces its 3 very good maps, some dodgy accents and quality new weapons.

Another download Armoured Fury will be out in the next month or so

much - lag problems seem much better - but thats also due to me altering the times that Punk buster updates.

Great Wall is effing brilliant, the others are a bit air power centric but now that ive got used tot hem they're not bad.

cant complain for £6

• 2 months later...

Any other players having problems since the 1.3 patch? Single player works fine, but as soon as I enter a multi-player game, it crashes to desk-top. Also the ping on servers which was less than 50 pre-patch now are in the hundreds.

Any suggestions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.