BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Green Thread

in France recycling is not an issue, everybody does it and you can go to the tip freely even with a van or truck without having to buy a permit, hence no fly tipping and clean streets etc.

Surprised to read this yoda. I have very good friends in Nice who we visit quite regularly. One of our friends works on pollution control in the Med along with many other senior responsibilities within the Department. Last time we visited Nice we discussed the complete lack of recycling collections in the city. The main reason being high temperatures require maximum of 48 hours for collection and disposal of domestic waste. The refuse trucks call every day and I have never seen any serious recycling in the city. It may well be different elsewhere but I haven't noticed this while travelling in many other areas of the country.

Surprised to read this yoda. I have very good friends in Nice who we visit quite regularly. One of our friends works on pollution control in the Med along with many other senior responsibilities within the Department. Last time we visited Nice we discussed the complete lack of recycling collections in the city. The main reason being high temperatures require maximum of 48 hours for collection and disposal of domestic waste. The refuse trucks call every day and I have never seen any serious recycling in the city. It may well be different elsewhere but I haven't noticed this while travelling in many other areas of the country.

Where we live is spotless, went to Royan and Bordeaux yesterday, same as here spotless.

Anyone who went to Lyon to watch the Rovers will probably report the same.

Like I say they have a different attitude to recycling and the majority of people make regular trips to the Decheterie with the rubbish already segregated ready for the skips, and the operators actually help you!

I think you are the one in need of education as it hasn't been a Labour council since May. I can only conclude you use the pseudonym of Yoda as some sort of ironic joke.

Funnily enough, when we had a Labour council we had recycle bins in the office. Now the ever-so-green Tories and Liberal acolytes are in power the recycle bins have disappeared.

Has anybody questioned the bins disappearance?

Chorley Council have done their bit. They proudly announced that the refuse collectors will take unlimited amounts of re-cyclable refuse however when my daughter went to collect extra recycling bags they said she could only have one................................... :huh:

Has anybody questioned the bins disappearance?

Many times. No official answer forthcoming but some mumbled response about not having anyone to empty the recycling bins is the usual answer, but yet the borough council are now advertising for a climate change officer. Maybe he/she will be trained in the fine art of emptying a bin. In the meantime, I will continue to bring home as much as I can (I brought a bag full of cans and bottles home tonight) and put it in with my domestic stuff.

We should be able to put everything in the one bin and have 'can't work won't work' and every other scrounger on unemployment benfit in overalls and rubber gloves sorting it at the other end. Why not ? Let them earn their bloody money !

That is an excellent idea .

I would modify it , though , and apply it to those poor souls who have been asked to do community service by the courts .

And striking postmen as well ........ :ph34r:

Oh...and I wouldn't bother with the rubber gloves either :tu:

Archived