BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

My First Rovers Away Game :(

Scotty1875

was a few years back but i remember the injustice like it was yesterday

david dunn was running down the wing, fabrizio ravenelli hacked dunny down so he needed to be stretchered off-no free kick given, ravenelli runs up the other end of the pitch, sees a shiny silver coin on the floor and makes a dive for it.

free kick says the ref, i beg to differ says i

free kick ravenelli scores, dunn go's off with serious knee injury.

they then score again from sloppy defending.

we pull one back

then late on in the game we score a great team goal, only to be knocked off as offside when clearly i was more in an offside position then markus bent was

highly annoying but thats my first rovers away game :(

was a few years back but i remember the injustice like it was yesterday

david dunn was running down the wing, fabrizio ravenelli hacked dunny down so he needed to be stretchered off-no free kick given, ravenelli runs up the other end of the pitch, sees a shiny silver coin on the floor and makes a dive for it.

free kick says the ref, i beg to differ says i

free kick ravenelli scores, dunn go's off with serious knee injury.

they then score again from sloppy defending.

we pull one back

then late on in the game we score a great team goal, only to be knocked off as offside when clearly i was more in an offside position then markus bent was

highly annoying but thats my first rovers away game :(

I remember that one. The ref was doing a "get up you poof" gesture at Dunny, then the stretcher came on.

My first away game was Villa '92, we were top going into the game, 0-0 in the end. All i remember is the guy on the PA anoucing that it was a clash featuring two fo the games best centre forwards: Shearer and Saunders...I think the away end laughed a bit at that...we all knew!!!! And the sumo wrestlers at half time.....CLASSY :lol:

That Derby game was the first game of the season when we were back in the top flight in 01/02 wasnt it? Yeh same with me, whenever i see highlights of the game the offside decsion still rankles with me as it was clearly onside and we deserved at least a point from the game.

I seem to remember a large travelling Rovers support on that day, musta been 3k plus :rover:

That Derby game was the first game of the season when we were back in the top flight in 01/02 wasnt it? Yeh same with me, whenever i see highlights of the game the offside decsion still rankles with me as it was clearly onside and we deserved at least a point from the game.

I seem to remember a large travelling Rovers support on that day, musta been 3k plus :rover:

Isn't this the game where we should have been 1 up after about ten seconds. I'm sure I recall Duff skinning their right back and sticking over a cross and Gillespie missing from close range!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.